Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Themes localized content language issues

(Topic created on: 13-12-2023 10:45 AM)
Ntinsky
Apprentice
Options

I bought a Samsung Galaxy phone a few years ago while i was in Czech Republic as an  expat and i also created a Samsung account to make the most of my device. My account is using the English language as a preference

I moved back to Greece and recently i bought an S23 phone from the Greek market. After logging on with my Samsung account i started customizing my phone by selecting apps and themes from Samsung store and galaxy themes app respectively.

Galaxy Themes for some reason keeps showing Czech language in it's content page. Samsung experts told me that it pulls up data from a lot of sources and also checks the country the account has been created to, before showing content on user's screen and that i should create a new Samsung account in Greece to solve my issue.

So i created a new account using a different email and i used it to log on to Samsung account and Galaxy Themes.
To my surprise the problem still remains. I see Czech language in Galaxy Themes app and i have no idea what else to do. I tried clearing cache and data from the app but the problem is still there.

I opened a ticket to the Czech Samsung support and i am waiting for a possible response.

Anyone ever had that issue?????

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ntinsky
Apprentice
Options

I managed to find the solution myself.
Looks like Galaxy Themes app reads  country/language data from the last sim card in line. I have 2 sim cards one Greek and one Czech. I switches slots (Greek sim slot 2 - Czech sim slot 1) which resolved the problem.

This behavior happens ONLY got Galaxy Themes app. The rest of the apps such like Store etc work based on the country/language settings i have on my Samsung account.

Bottom line is i deleted my initial account probably for nothing and Samsung's junior support have no feedback from the actual devs behind the apps.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Ntinsky
Apprentice
Options

I managed to find the solution myself.
Looks like Galaxy Themes app reads  country/language data from the last sim card in line. I have 2 sim cards one Greek and one Czech. I switches slots (Greek sim slot 2 - Czech sim slot 1) which resolved the problem.

This behavior happens ONLY got Galaxy Themes app. The rest of the apps such like Store etc work based on the country/language settings i have on my Samsung account.

Bottom line is i deleted my initial account probably for nothing and Samsung's junior support have no feedback from the actual devs behind the apps.

AntS
Options

However it came about, glad that you found the solution and shared it here, @Ntinsky - thanks! 😎👍