Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy AI - Will you pay for it?

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Early days but interesting to hear thoughts in this topic.

Over the past year I have cancelled all subscriptions (amazon, Netflix, Disney, reduced Sky TV to minimum, etc...), but only one remained Microsoft O365.

The reason was simple, it provides value and features I want and can share with my family.

My mobile doesn't have Galaxy AI but I used an S24 and my sons ZFLIP5 and still think all the AI features are game changers and features I want, but wasn't sure it would pay, but swapping back to a mobile without has started to win me over.

Moreso as even Chat GPT apps give basic access, but you need a subscription for premium features.

Microsoft CoPilot comes next and it mostly free, but it doesn't offer the varied selection of tools Galaxy AI does and full integration.

So I for one would consider a paid subscription.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I certainly wouldn't pay for it. These phones are meant to be premium. If you have to start paying for the "extras" it defeats the title of them. They'll shoot themselves in the foot if they start down that road.
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
same here, i wouldn't even consider paying extra. like you said these devices are samsung flagship devices, you are paying alot more than their mid range devices so why pay extra for features that arent even that major, maybe if there were more features included i would pay a small fee but not now.
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Personally I would be up for paying short term subscriptions such as 1 week of live translate when travelling abroad... or for other services on a short term basis. I also guess it depends on the costs... £20 a year isn't much... but if it becomes £10 every month then 'NO THANKS'.

I quite like the summary function in notes... it helps with my minutes of meetings at work.

Not sure I like the AI photo features... it seems to take the choices away from the user... I mean I set the pro mode ISO and shutter speed to give the image exposure that i want... and then 10 seconds later the phone AI thinks it knows better and lightens the image for you... grrrr. !

The removal of people from the photo always leave flaws... so these features are far from perfect.

So for me I am not sold on some of the AI... I like to make my own choices in certain things and don't like to be 'over-ruled'.

Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy AI features will be provided for free until the end of 2025 on supported Samsung Galaxy devices. Different terms may apply for AI features provided by third parties. Samsung website
G G
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have posted my thoughts before.

1. AI needs to be free at some point like the Internet otherwise people will get bored with it.

They need to have tiers from free to paid depending on what the user wants.

2. Personally as it is in the present state I won't pay for it.

Unless they bundle it with say storage and stuff like how Google One is.

With Google One you get their AI stuff, pixel gallery edit stuff and storage.

May be they should just collaborate with Google if they are going the paid way.

AI is cool to have but won't be a deal breaker for lots of people.

Nowadays phones almost on par with each other so the more bang for buck will get the people's custom.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It would depend on the cost , would not be keen to pay a  fairly large monthly fee unless it was bundled with something else. Already paying a significant premium fior Flagship Devices.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's been discussed how Samsung may keep the current AI features and implement further advanced features under a subscription in the future.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Chat GPT premium is $20 a month and Microsoft are also touting a similar amount, but my key point was Galaxy AI bring around 7 integrated Ai features the others offer one Chat AI and are asking allot.

I'd hope we get them for free, but flipping between devices with and without I already miss the features.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
At the moment, the AI features aren't exactly offering much that users are happy with.

I would also begrudge paying £1500 to own a device outright, only to then have to pay extra to use it. If you think of laptops, the manufacturers provide the hardware, Microsoft (typically) provide the software but the price of a laptop can be from say £300 upwards. Premium laptops come with O365.

So for me, Samsung have a huge amount of work to do before even contemplating charging and I would expect to see device costs fall sharply in return.

That said, I'm not sure my next device will be Samsung anyways.