Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook

(Topic created on: 19-03-2023 05:32 PM)
Artisan
Student
Options

Does Samsung have any phones without Facebook burned into the phone. I will not upgrade to any phone that does not give me the choice to un-install an included app. Especially Facebook!!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Although I have Facebook installed on the phone. It can be uninstalled on my S23 Ultra
keith30
Maestro
Options
I managed to uninstall Facebook on my S22ultra, like you I hate the app. It should always be your choice if you want it on your device but Samsung trend to go to great lengths in having apps of their choice whether you want them it or not know as bloatware.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Hold your finger on the fb app and you should get 3 or 4 options. One of them will be uninstall.
keith30
Maestro
Options
It depends what model series your phone is, the earlier models you can't delete the app.
Artisan
Student
Options
Thank you. I have an earlier model. I will have a look at the latest models to check Facebook can be uninstalled on them before buying.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe Facebook can only be uninstall if you have one ui 5.1.
Before that I doubt you have option to uninstall.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Although I use Facebook, I agree no software other than the manufacturers software needed for the phone to function should be bundled into the phone. A leaflet in the box is sufficient for advertising partners etc. In particular social media apps which can often be the worst offenders for spying in the background to send you ads using your battery and data etc. I've checked mine S23 Ultra and I have 2x Facebook apps for 2 accounts and I have the option to uninstall them if I wish. To be honest I can't say if it was bundled in the phone as I transferred data from my old phone but I'm presuming it is
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
First thing I did with my S22 Ultra and now S23 Ultra was to uninstall Facebook so its not baked in and can be uninstalled, for me this garbage should not be pre installed.