Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dualapp Whatsapp media and documents are no longer visible

(Topic created on: 01-08-2021 11:29 AM)
phil2255
Student
Options
I use the dualapp of whatsapp for my work number, and there was a recent update. 

Now I cannot access the dualapps media files and documents in the phones gallery or internal storage file explorer, nor can you re-share media files or view documents that were sent through the dualapp. You can however still view images and videos within their respective chats - this means the files are stored somewhere.... 

The issue arose when whatsapp changed the location of media from Whatsapp/Media to Android/Media/com.whatsapp/Whatsapp/Media. The dualapp used to be able to store its version in the same location, however within the Dualapp directory - namely Dualapp/Whatsapp/Media 

So I can't really see why this bug has arisen - surely Dualapp should just copy the new location - So would be Dualapp/Android/Media/com.whatsapp/Whatsapp/Media - BUT NO.... 

Dualapp is not the responsibility of Whatsapp, so don't ask me to contact them. 

When will samsung fix this bug? Can I have a time frame please?
3 REPLIES 3
S9user5
First Poster
Options

I'm using Galaxy S9 (with Android 10) and same problem is there.

However, I checked with a different phone (M31), in Android 11, it is working fine. Files are accessible to be viewed in Gallery. So probably the fix is already in place.

I'm wondering how much time will it take, for the fix to be updated to Android 10 phones.
Please make it as soon as possible.

0 Likes
phil2255
Student
Options
nah I have android 11, and I have the bug!
0 Likes