Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change number in About Phone

(Topic created on: 01-11-2023 04:00 PM)
Galaxy 23
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Can someone please tell me how I change the number showing in About Phone in settings to the correct one?

Thank you

Stewart

6 REPLIES 6
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/how-do-i-change-the-mobile-number-in-the-about...
Some have been able to change using an iPhone, or maybe contact your network carrier if the number on the sim is showing wrong.
0 Likes
suttyon1
Pathfinder
Options
Your Samsung phone reads the phone number originally assigned to the SIM card and if you are no longer using that number (such as when you've ported over your old number to use with the new SIM card) your phone will no longer know what number your are using. Your phone in this case will list your current number as 'unknown' rather than incorrectly present the number originally assigned to the SIM card.

This information cannot currently be amended due to how the Android operating system registers a number to the handset upon first use. The issue may be resolved in a future Android software update, but until then rest assured that it has no effect on your device's functionality.

suttyon1
Pathfinder
Options
As a workaround you could create a profile in your contacts list that lists your phone's number (check with your network operator if you don't know your number).
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If you have an older device, some phones have SIM Card management which allows you to change the number. An example of one such device is the Huawei P30 Pro.
0 Likes
bob2222
Apprentice
Options
I had the same problem when I switched over to EE on a Galaxy Note 10, I phoned EE and they reset the sim on their end it was a 5 minute phone call and it was then showing the right number
0 Likes
Members_P4gsIvk
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

old topic but I came across this with the same issue moving sim to my s24...called EE as my mobile network...all I needed to do was refresh my network settings...they did the same...restarted and all correct!

(so no borrowing iPhone, store visit or replacement sim service needed!)

0 Likes