Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call

(Topic created on: 17-04-2023 05:28 PM)
dukhi1
Journeyman
Options
Hi all I keep getting a call from 0333 338 1017. They say that are from 3 and have offers on for me for £5!. When I said I am already on 3 and have contracts with 3 she then asks what phone I have. I disconnected the calls.
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
luk34dd0
Pioneer
Options
I'm on O2 and keep getting loads of calls from this and very similar numbers. I think I've blocked around 20 so far that all start 0333 338. Some scam I think.
dukhi1
Journeyman
Options
Must be definitely a scam then!
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes very much like a scam,   this site can provide some background of suspicious numbers.  https://who-called.co.uk/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
I had them last month claiming to be from O2. I just blocked them, usually they email or text as I have a contact with them, so never ring you.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Register for tps and that's should stop alot of them, can't remember the number but just have to register by sending sms to them, I am sure you all can Google it
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@-Robot-  It is a good idea to register, apparently their  remit only covers   live unsolicited sales and marketing calls though. https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/pages/nuisance 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah, i used to get loads and after I registered it drop significantly, I hardly get calls like that now

I still get so called carphone warehouse but only like once a year
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi all, I'm with three & this is a 100% legitimate number 0333 338 1040 for the three network.
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Just worth bearing in mind that some scammers can make it look like they are calling from a legitimate number when they're not - eg with a correct bank phone number etc. Just always need to be careful and if in any doubt treat it as a scam or ask for a reference number, hang up and call the company directly yourself