Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser not supported...

(Topic created on: 10-02-2024 07:21 PM)
Franky616
Explorer
Options
Hi, I'm trying to watch Dave (https://uktvplay.co.uk/watch-live/dave) through the Samsung Internet Browser but the site is asking me to use another browser, say that the Samsung browser isn't supported...

Just wondering if it is possible to spoof the user agent somehow to the site... 

Simply would be nice 👍 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My own advice would be to use Chrome for this rather than trying to mess about with settings that may impact on other things you use SI for.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Franky616 As far as I am aware Samsung 's Browser is the only one that is directly supported on the TV,  would be workaround with Chromecast https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/what-is-the-samsung-smart-tv-web-browser/  There are limitations with Samsung's Browser  ,flash is not supported  and  may also be issues with HTML5.   The apps are designed for videos and actually UK Tv Play (including Dave) is available via the App store but not be live content mind you.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Franky616
Explorer
Options
Used URL:    internet://debug/ 

Settings - at the bottom of Settings will be debug settings...

Used a custom UA string...

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.103 Safari/537.36

Kept a copy of the old one...

Hope I'm not in for a fall...

0 Likes
Franky616
Explorer
Options
My old string comes back but I have got in a couple of times so far 🙃

Needed to delete history... also...

Am hoping that the problem is just a CSS problem, as the phone is very new, and that the web-dev just needs to update...
0 Likes
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Is there not just a UKTV app you could use?

MB
0 Likes
Franky616
Explorer
Options

I can do that... but for some reason I like the Samsung Internet widget, and am seeing how many channels from freeview I can get to work without adding apps for them... as I may keep adding... I don't watch them, but if I ever needed them for some reason, it would be nice to have them to hand...

Screenshot_20240211_172240_One UI Home_1000003981_1707672161.png
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Cool setup.

You could tweet them or something and see if they have a beta page or old page that works? Or even see if they're working on the functionality.

I feel like they just have a simple list for compatibility, as Samsung Browser is based on Chromium, so should be compatible with anything that works with Chrome.

MB
0 Likes
Franky616
Explorer
Options
I just had a look at their contact us page... but lost my bottle I think... have done a bit of Web design so I'm thinking that a media quary fix for the new s24 ultra may be figured out soon...

The custom UA string hack too just got me excited 😊
Aman Gaandu
First Poster
Options

Can you please give more detailed steps for beginners? There are no debug settings at the bottom.

The User Agent details are in internet://version but I am unable to edit that.

0 Likes