Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Draining Issue on barely used A54

(Topic created on: 16-04-2023 11:14 PM)
Abilauren88
Journeyman
Options
Hi,

I haven't had my A54 for long, whereby I used it properly for the first time this Saturday. The battery drained extremely quick and went to bed with it on 39% I woke up early this morning to see it had drained down to 18%. I've barely used it and only for text messages, no videos or music or camera. I spent some time on Saturday moving stuff over from internal storage to Sd card but that was only once. I charged the phone today and went to 100% and by the end of today now on 83% with barely any use at all!

I have also an A14 5g and have not experienced this issue at all.

I have tried following all the recommendations on battery life and doing the optimization etc but doesn't seem to make a difference. Now I feel like I can't enjoy the phone as conscious of this. The reason why I changed to A54 from S10 as the battery was draining within hours and to the best of my knowledge this shouldn't be happening so soon after purchase! I revcieved my A54 only a couple of weeks ago and waited before I had a phone case to take it out. It has been on at home but I used it very sparingly. Now I've started to use it (not even to the maximum I know it can be used) this is happening and I am very puzzled. Is this normal? I was looking forward to using the camera but don't feel I can even do that and kind of feel like I would have been better off sticking to my S10.

Appreciate your help with this, am I alone with this, or is it completely normal?

Thankyou all for reading
Beat wishes
Abi
4 REPLIES 4
Abilauren88
Journeyman
Options
Hi thanks for getting back to me. I set the phone up on the sat 1st April I haven't taken it out anywhere until Sat 15th April and tried to use it as I normally would for the first time. In the couple of weeks from set up to doing that, it was occasional usage for a couple of phone calls and text messaging. At this point, the battery was fine and was only draining a couple of % if at all overnight and during the day when i was/wasnt using it. I don't really do heavy use generally but like to know that the option is there. I hope this provides some clarification. I hope that it is only because its in the first weeks of set up. I am a bit hesitant to use the phone at the moment in fear of the battery draining rapidly, but seems to make a little difference whether I use it or not!
0 Likes
Abilauren88
Journeyman
Options
Thankyou for your help with this, it is appreciated! I am a huge Samsung fan and love thier phones and products to bits! I would love to have the S23 Ultra....hoping when I win the lottery 😁 please may you advise on how long I would need to wait for the phone to have learnt its usage patterns, I'll keep an eye on it. I most grateful for everyone's help!
Melvin Siever
Explorer
Options

I have exactly the same problem when i go asleep clear background apps etc still it drain like crazy mostly 15% till 28% do u have solve this problem thanks for the help

0 Likes
Members_U8ZDEwx
First Poster
Options

Hello. Is there any update to this issue. I bought this phone 3 weeks ago. I am already having issues with the battery draining. 

0 Likes