Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autofill with third party password managers no longer working in Samsung Internet Browser since release of v25.0.0.41

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
RandomUser14523
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Have there been any recent changes introduced in the latest version of Samsung Internet Browser - v25 onwards in regard to autofill?

Ever since updating to this version of Samsung Internet Browser autofill prompts no longer appear when I tap login fields in any websites. This occurs whether I use 1Password, Bitwarden, Google Password Manager or Dashlane.

When testing in another browser (Chrome), autofill works fine with all these password managers, so it definitely seems like a bug has been introduced in the latest version of Samsung Internet Browser for autofill. 

Would you be able to confirm if you are aware of this bug?

Thanks

33 REPLIES 33
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
I've always found that the Samsung Internet browser takes its password and autofill data directly from itself. Therefore, any password and autofill data would have to be saved in the Samsung Internet app first.

I don't even think there's the option to import passwords or autofill data. This is one reason I don't use it.
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Samsung Internet uses its own password and auto fill system, I believe it is for security reasons, also check permissions and also check if your pop up blocker might be interfering some how.
RandomUser14523
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the suggestions but this worked perfectly fine until the latest update released by Samsung to the Samsung Internet Browser, so something has definitely changed since this update to break autofill or to prevent system autofill from being allowed in Samsung Internet browser.
Tanfeil
First Poster
Options

I can confirm that. Use Bitwarden. Worked great until the update. Since then, Samsung Internet has stopped working on both smartphones and tablets. All other apps are not affected.

Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Do you use AdGuard?
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I found it never worked even if I defaulted to Dashlane Password manager, one of the reasons I swapped to Edge
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
ziom21
Explorer
Options

Absolutely ridiculous update to the Samsung internet browser to disable autofill for third party password managers. It was working prior to the update. 

I have S24 Ultra and Samsung internet 

v25.0.0.41.

This needs to be fixed ASAP

@samsung

xiscosc
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, I had to switch to MS Edge... Please, fix ASAP

ReflexNL
First Poster
Options

Here same issue aswell, S22 Ultra. Updated Samsung Internet Browser to the latest v25.0.0.41. Using Chrome for now, please fix this issue asap.