Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps/Services/Tweaks Discussion

(Topic created on: 25-06-2021 07:38 PM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Hey guys,

I just wanted to know; what apps/services is everyone using on their phone that help improve performance/functionality/battery life. This can also include any tweaks made to the device, basically anything no matter how big or small the improvement is. The more contributions, the merrier! Just to let you know; I am using an S8 😁

Regards,
Liquid
7 REPLIES 7
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
I dont use any other than that after every update i clear the phone cache. I left my phone on overnight WiFi on Bluetooth on etc unplugged it about 11pm woke up 7.30am only lost 3% battery
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
How can I clear the phone cache and what are the downsides in doing this? Thanks for your comment 😁. I don't get any updates, as I am using an S8, so I'm afraid I cannot use this tip personally 😕
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Ah sorry didn't know you was using an s8. But anyways its a good tip for future reference that after an update its always good to clear phone cache because when you install new software for camera etc the new files write over the old and sometimes doesn't clear the old files and it can conflict causing the phone to slow down or use more battery. But once you clear phone cache it clears any left over files.
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Not a 3rd party app but I use "device care" widget on my main home screen for fast access to cleaning memory and storage.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I periodically use device care once a week, to optimise performance on my phone, as well as restart my phone once a week 😁
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Yeah restarting the phone is a good tip. I knew of people that literally never turn the device off... ever... and wonder why their phone lags, heats up or battery doesn't last as long.