Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps on sd not showing in device care

(Topic created on: 14-05-2023 01:41 PM)
ShivaBootz
Journeyman
Options
Hi everyone, I'm on the galaxy S10e, I've just moved loads of apps onto a Samsung evo select microSD (256gb) but the Storage manager in Device care still shows 
Internal storage:
Apps 50gb
But no more than 5gb of files & images etc on the SDcard page. I'll check it on a PC but...
Has anyone noticed this problem? 
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
ShivaBootz
Journeyman
Options
On a computer, internal storage is showing 59gb used instead of 77.59gb (on device care) ...but available space is the same 50gb on both, and SDcard shows 5gb on both.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Quite a lot of apps will not work if moved to sd. Much the same as technically they are not on the phone but a removable card. So no reason to show them with storage manager unless you chose removable storage.
AndrewL
Options

@ShivaBootz: Most developers restrict their applications to internal storage only, which may be why you are seeing this discrepancy. If you have an SD card installed, then I recommend using this to house your personal files and media (photos, videos and music), as this should leave plenty of room for your apps to be stored on your internal storage. 

ShivaBootz
Journeyman
Options
Thankyou both for your help, but I've bought a Samsung Evo Select (256microSD) as it has A2 capabilities, and lots of apps support external storage, ofcoarse I've already moved files/media so I thought I'd free up even more space by moving any apps that support it. However when I check on my PC(via files) or on Device Care > Storage, it shows all apps on internal storage and none on SD card. (Even though I definitely exported the apps & games.) They even have 'Android SD' logo instead of each app icon, but I can't see how much space they free up?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ShivaBootz: I'm not too sure why it wasn't flagged at the time you attempted to move them, however it typically isn't possible to move apps to an SD card, which would explain why the apps are still showing in your internal storage. 

0 Likes
ShivaBootz
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In the first link it states
Please note: Not all apps support SD card use. If you are unable to follow the steps below, the app you are trying to use may not be compatible. Some apps that can be moved to an SD card leave some data in your internal storage. This is not an error. If data has been left on your internal storage, then it is needed for the app to function correctly.

If you look at the file types in the article, they are music file not apps.

The second article refers to a White Paper from 2016 so is way out of date.
It was possible at one time but no longer.

To summarise, very few apps can be moved to SD card. When you are able and the app updates, the update will go to internal memory so you will have to move the app to the SD card again.
ShivaBootz
Journeyman
Options
Thankyou Pugs! That's exactly the info I'm looking for 😁 very helpful! Hopefully it will work better one-day. Also the first link, did you scroll down to "How to move apps..."? The example I'm seeing is tiktok, I also moved several games and social apps including; Dice life, Dice dreams, Coin master, Snapchat, Twitch, Telegram, FB Messenger, Instagram. (Only the ones that show the change button/option) and I understand it won't be able to hold the necessary data, but strange it doesn't show any of it being on the SD...
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You may be able to find details on the SD card by using a different file manager. Try xplore or Cx file manager.
Yes , I did see that in the first link but most apps insist on internal storage use particularly games where SD cards are too slow because of massive amounts of data being accessed or the developers compile it that way.