Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying sms/mms texting.

(Topic created on: 11-09-2023 02:23 PM)
veryannoyedperson
First Poster
Options
When I text it seems so random as to whether my phone sends an sms or mms message. I've hit the stupid word limit, but I can't actually choose to send another way, and I've sent way longer texts than the one I was writing. It's really frustrating and just doesn't seem to actually make a single iota of sense. I'm sorry, but we can send a man to the moon in the fkn '60s but still need a word limit on texts today???? Sorry to ramble but just so annoyed.
Tried to find a simple answer online but apparently nothing can be easy.

Just want a simple explanation as to why this is a thing it does, and if there's a solution to stop this being such an annoyance.

Thank you.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
SMS uses GSM tech which is old. The 160 character limit is maxed out under this technology. MMS is not much better.
These days RCS messaging is better as you have no rest limits and can send attachments up to 25 MB. The proviso is the recipient must have RCS messaging enabled.

You can set this up under chat settings in the messaging app.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
On my phone on sms I can write absolutely loads think it like sends many and links them together. Mms only kicks in if you sent a picture to an iPhone or a phone with rcs off.
0 Likes