Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally merged two wrong people in samsung gallery

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Members_UMnicbK
First Poster
Options

I was putting the contacts to people from my gallery and I accidentally merged two wrong people as one. Now they appear as one and it won't let me un merge them 

It's worth mentioning that, as far as I know, you can't manually tag people in photos. You can only id them as the faces  tagged by the Ai

Any solutions?

#samsunggallery

#gallery #photos

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Deanbed
Voyager
Options
Delete them n start again if u can.
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Can you tell us exactly how you managed to combine anybody from your contacts list using the gallery? Contacts go in your contacts list, pictures go in your gallery. How?

Maybe you're mixed up and you mean you were assigning a picture to one or more of your contacts and merged in error. If so then you can 'unlink' them

Tap on the newly created merged entry in your contacts list. Tap storage locations. Tap Unlink all 1715556425730.jpg1715556425735.jpg
0 Likes
Members_UMnicbK
First Poster
Options

1000040589.jpg

The contact list is fine, I meant to say that two people are merged in the samsung gallery search feature. 

1000040587.jpg

0 Likes
Members_UMnicbK
First Poster
Options

Do you mean to delete them from the gallery? There's no way to do that 

And I believe deleting them from the contacts list won't do much good since the gallery app has already associated the two faces together 

1000040589.jpg

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can't you just unmerge them by clicking on one of the contacts and go merge and unticking the one you just merger?
I'm sure it's doable.
0 Likes
Members_UMnicbK
First Poster
Options

Please see earlier answers. They aren't merged in the contact list, but in the samsung gallery "people". They now appear as one. There is no way to edit the person other than change the name. The face detection still identifies the wrong person with the one it merged it 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm talking about the gallery itself.
Go to the merge section again and see if you have option to untick
0 Likes
Members_UMnicbK
First Poster
Options

There is no such option. Once two people are merged, the merged one dissappears completely 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I found this settings under 'gallery labs' which you should be able to activate after tapping on the about gallery version no multiple times.

Not sure if it will help your cause.
Read it thoroughly before doing it.

1715596943564.jpg