Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washing Machine door bangs when spin starts

(Topic created on: 19-04-2024 01:13 AM)
Fearny1
Journeyman
Options

Samsung WW90T534DAN Washing Machine

I’ve had this machine for a couple of weeks but noticed that when it starts spinning at low RPM the whole front and door moves in and out. The drum looks like it’s off angle until the speed builds up then it settles. 
I thought it might need re levelling but it all seems ok and it does not rock on its feet. 
Any ideas?

40 REPLIES 40
MonkeyMagik
Explorer
Options

I’ll let you get that started 😉

0 Likes
stevo1980
First Poster
Options
I bought a Samsung eco bubble series 5 from Very . Iam having the exact same problem . It spins fast all ok when spinning slow the drum seems off balance , to the point its pushing the door open and water is coming out . Tbh I'm really pissed off with the service you receive from Samsung. I'm still waiting for this to be rectified. I will take this to the financial ombudsman if I have to . Bloody joke !!!
Fearny1
Journeyman
Options

So after waiting a month I finally got a call back from Samsung. The lady was very nice but we went through, quite extensively, how to use and load a washing machine and what weight of loads can be put in each program.

She showed me how to access a secret menu to do the calibration (and also I found I could turn off the annoying end of cycle tune!!) which at the time I couldn't remember doing but I'm pretty sure it was done during initial set up.

She also accessed my phone camera so she could see the machine and make sure it was still in good condition and on a flat stable surface. Seemed legit...😜

I think the question was whether I was overloading it or not. So now for the first time ever, I am weighing my washing and checking it against the program before a cycle.

Did it work? No......

Am I surprised? No......

Dennis55M
Explorer
Options

I had technicians coming over here, noticing the bouncy behavior with the door banging and clicking while starting to spin and either: 

A: blaming me for not adding enough clothes, or too many clothes or 

B: saying that everything is perfectly fine...

Btw. I found a way to make the machine behave by stuffing the drum to the brim until you cannot fit anything anymore even by heavy force. 

Result: Quiet and stable spin but clothes come out both wrinkly and not properly washed at all. 🤷‍

MonkeyMagik
Explorer
Options

Ive got the engineers coming out again next week and am sure they will say the same as you. Cant wait. Will let you all know what they say. If this doesn’t solve the issue then I plan to ask Samsung for a refund, followed by a request through Barclaycard to sort it on my behalf. 

Dennis55M
Explorer
Options

My machine was taken for inspection yesterday. The guy didn't even want to put in the transport bolts...

No idea what will happen next.

0 Likes
MonkeyMagik
Explorer
Options

How long will it be gone for ?

0 Likes
Dennis55M
Explorer
Options

They said till tomorrow at least

0 Likes
MonkeyMagik
Explorer
Options

Engineer came out to mine yesterday for the 2nd time. Did a quick wash and spin with some towels and sure enough the drum was banging and making the door move on spin start up and slow down. He said the drum movement was ok (even though I think it looks excessive) but it shouldn’t be knocking the door. He then spoke to his office who now want to bring some special device to do a wash with the supposedly measures the noice and movement or something bizarre like that. Anyway, booked back in next week. He did say that basically they will just keep changing parts rather than replace/refund the washer as that is what Samsung wants, even though it must cost them more than just a refund. The gift that keeps on giving. 

Dennis55M
Explorer
Options

Probably cheaper for Samsung than giving back a refund for their faulty machines. 

Let the customer suffer I guess...

0 Likes