Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty Issue

(Topic created on: 19-03-2024 08:12 PM)
russellwillis
First Poster
Options

Hi,

hoping you can help. I am extremely disappointed and concerned that after a fault has developed on my washing machine, still under warranty, Samsung are doing there best to not honour the warranty. The machine first developed the fault 16/03/24 and the following reasons have so far been given for not honouring the warranty - 1. The warranty has expired - my response - the warranty expired on 17/03/24, a day after the fault occurred - i have provided evidence of this. 2.  I broke the spring by overloading the machine - my response - I categorically deny this, I have had the machine for 5 years, why would I overload it and cause damage? Samsung are unable to provide proof of this absurd accusation. 3. the spring is a consumable part and not covered by the warranty - my response - on the terms and conditions of the warranty, consumables are listed - batteries and filters etc - reasonable consumables. The spring is not listed! It very much seems that Samsung are using various excuses to not honour this warranty. Very disappointing and I will not be purchasing Samsung products again. Please resolve this.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hi there

Just looking at point 1, you mention that the machine developed the fault on the 16th March....

What was the date you first contacted Samsung to report the issue and claim on the warranty?
0 Likes
russellwillis
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I reported the fault same day - 16th March.

Russell

0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
In my view a spring is not a consumabl....
0 Likes
russellwillis
First Poster
Options

Agreed. Samsung see things differently although not according to their warranty terms!

0 Likes
lesabrumit
First Poster
Options

the spring should have held up as long as the washer wash usable. it should have been more du re able and built to last. better get maytag

0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
I'm not sure I see your point. I said that in my view the spring is not a consumable so should be covered on the warranty.
0 Likes
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Sounds like a frustrating experience...

But, I'm gonna say they're right on this one. It's tough to come to terms with sometimes because you just want the result...

MB
0 Likes
russellwillis
First Poster
Options

Hello, curious - on what basis are they right?

0 Likes
russellwillis
First Poster
Options

Still trying to get this sorted, customer service from Samsung diabolical 

0 Likes