Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two week wait for engineer!!

(Topic created on: 22-09-2023 06:09 AM)
stargazee
Student
Options
Can I ask if it is usual to have to wait two weeks for an Samsung warranty engineer to look at a washing machine? This is a long time to be without a,washing machine and it is very very inconvenient for the family! If this is now the normal callout time for a Samsung warranty engineer, then I would be reconsidering what brand I purchase next time, and ask the question about call out times. I really expected a quicker appointment! 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think you will find with all manufacturers, similar issues. At least here in the UK.
Unfortunately engineers that have been around are retiring with a shortage of new engineers coming into these industries.
Very much the same in my industry, gas engineers.
There are just not enough coming into this type of work now.
The knock on effect is, longer wait times.
Could be it's just a busy time of the year as well of course.
I know my old washing machine, not a Samsung one. I had to wait over two weeks. Just was the earliest they could do, as inconvenient as it was for me.
0 Likes
Steven Oraw
First Poster
Options

Can i ask how did you arrange a Samsung engineer as our washing machine which is only 3 month old has went on the bung need an engineer 

0 Likes
stargazee
Student
Options
Thank you for another perspective
0 Likes
stargazee
Student
Options
Through the Samsung online portal
0 Likes
HowLongDoesItTake
Journeyman
Options

Did you get your issue resolved?

I had an engineer out a few days after reporting a problem. For all the good it did me. Still waiting for a fix, 52 days and counting.

0 Likes