Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Preheat when using the Grill - NV68A1170BS

(Topic created on: 01-06-2023 08:54 PM)
Ajay Varma
Journeyman
Options

Hi. I recently purchased a Samsung oven - model NV68A1170BS. 

I want to grill toast, so I select the top grill option on the oven. I would expect the top grill to heat up to make toast however this is not the case. The entire oven begins to preheat, ie the top and bottom of the oven heat up THEN after 7-8 mins, the top grill comes on. 

is there a way for me to turn off this stupid preheat function for the grill? I simply want the grill to come on without the entire oven preheating. 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Ajay Varma
Journeyman
Options

Anyone?

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @Ajay Varma, I've had a look at the user manual for your oven, and it does mention the following: "pre-heating cycle will run automatically until the oven temperature reaches 220 °C. Then, the top heating element and the convection fan start operating to sear food". The temperature will vary depending on the mode you use. It also mentions "Pre-heating is recommended for all cooking modes unless otherwise specified in the cooking guide". To look into the user manual, you can access this here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/cooking-appliances/ovens/nv3300a--nv68a1172rs-nv68a1170bs-eu/#support 

0 Likes
Ajay Varma
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

This still does not answer my question. For example, I want to make toast quickly. I wanted to simply put the large grill on and make toast. In order to make toast, I simply need the grill on and no preheat function or the oven preheating. 

is there a way for me to simply make some toast without me waiting forever for the ENTIRE oven to preheat??

0 Likes
Ajay Varma
Journeyman
Options

Anyone? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Ajay Varma: Please can you try selecting 'Large Grill' using the Mode Selector dial to the left of the display, then use the Value dial to the right of the display to select 'Grill', to see if this helps?

0 Likes
Ajay Varma
Journeyman
Options

The value dial to the right only turns the temperature up and down. There is no ‘large grill’ selection on the right. Can you please clarify further? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Ajay Varma: Apologies for the confusion. You can select 'Grill' via the Mode Selector (located to the left of the display). The user manual states that the Value dial (located to the right of the display) can perform the following actions.

• Set the cooking time or temperature.
• Choose a sub item of top-level menus: Cleaning, Auto cook, Special function, or Grill.

With this in mind, when you select 'Grill' mode, use the Value dial to see if you're able to select 'Grill' as a sub-item (which will be visible on the display itself). This may not be possible, but it is worth exploring as an option. 

0 Likes
Ajay Varma
Journeyman
Options

Hello. Sorry for the late reply. The value selector does not have a grill mode when I select large grill, it only changes the temperature. 

Gurj the Dutchy
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same problem with the same model (NVGRA1170BS) The last two digits of the product code sure do make sense. 

I want to simply use the top grill function, instead the entire oven (including the floor compartment) begins to preheat before I can do that. 

Is there clarity an whether this is how the product was designed, or do we just have the faulty version?