Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The washed clothes smell of nothing

(Topic created on: 14-04-2024 06:59 PM)
Vera8312
Apprentice
Options
I have had Samsung S 5 washing machine for only 2 days and realised that the smell of the clothes is very weak. I put softener to the max.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Vera8312 wrote:
I have had Samsung S 5 washing machine for only 2 days and realised that the smell of the clothes is very weak. I put softener to the max.

Hello is it an autodose or manual dose drawer on it?

0 Likes
Vera8312
Apprentice
Options
It's a manual one
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

Ah right and what washing detergent do you use powder or liquid, and what fabric softener do you use?

Did you also do a first wash as a service wash / drum clean with no clothes in the drum and no detergent? Because this removes grease and other things in manufacturing and gets it ready for using after it's delivered.

Have you done the calibration cycle of the machine once it was installed and installed it's place?

Vera8312
Apprentice
Options
Yes. I did calibration cycle. I think there is too much rinsing (2 or 3 times per cycle) set in the programs.
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Vera8312 wrote:
Yes. I did calibration cycle. I think there is too much rinsing (2 or 3 times per cycle) set in the programs.

Ok, so most of the cycles 2 rinses is final rinse with clean water, 1 rinse with fabric softener added.  - 3 Rinses is 2rinses with clean water, and final rinse with fabric softener added. 

what spin speed are you using on your clothes . if a high spin there is a possibility that the high spin with its centrifugal force is squeezing all the moisture (and fabric softener) out of the garments and down the drain - to test/experiment do a wash without spin , then open the door and take a garment out and smell it. if it smells fresh or of fabric conditioner then thats what it is the spin is extracting too much water (and fabric softener) out of your clothes. If that is the case try a lower spin speed. 

Is the plumbing OK in the house. Is the machine plumbed in properly to the waste pipe under the sink, so the washing machine is draining properly and that the contents of the sink drain is not draining back into the washing machine?

Is the water coming from a mains tap and not a well , and water smell OK with no background smells? 

Do you use ecological washing detergent which is safe to environment and against allergies? - sometimes these have little to no smell - try using biological detergent and I find powders are more efficient than liquid for cleaning and taking smells away - are you washing where possible at 60'c or 40'c or using low temperature to wash? - I find that washing on low temperature does not kill germs and odours, so if the garment allows it, try a hotter wash. 

also dont overload the drum past what kg the particular wash is for - especially as its a manual dose machine , you might be 'under-dosing' on washing detergent , on the wash cycle do you see any bubbles running down the glass door - there should be a few bubbles in the wash. 

As an experiment try some 'scent booster' granules in the drum before the wash, Lenor and the like do these granules and people say it gives the washing a boost of fresh smell.

good luck.

0 Likes
Vera8312
Apprentice
Options
Thanks a lot 😊. I will try everything.
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

great, let us know how you get on 👍

0 Likes