Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Series 5 + washer drier

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Does anyone know if the softener tank and detergent tank are the same size on the auto dose washing machine? Can’t seem to find an answer anywhere. We find it’s using more softener than detergent but is that because the softener tank is smaller or what? Thanks everyone. 

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

yes, whole top of the drawer can be taken off to clean the drawer fully - and yes the fabric softener compartment seems smaller:

andy_in_ireland_0-1713219845824.png

View solution in context

Solution
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Thank you that’s great 👍

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

yes, whole top of the drawer can be taken off to clean the drawer fully - and yes the fabric softener compartment seems smaller:

andy_in_ireland_0-1713219845824.png

Solution
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Thank you that’s great 👍

User1999
First Poster
Options
Mine adds softener before the wash. You can here the pump running if you listen carefully. Yours might be doing the same
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

are you sure its not the detergent pump adding detergent at the start of the wash? - both softener and wash detergent pumps sound the same

0 Likes
User1999
First Poster
Options
Thought of that already! I've disabled the detergent dispenser in the settings so I can add powder instead. Secondly, I pulled the drawer out and cleaned the inside. Having replaced it, I started the wash and listened to the pump. After it stopped, I paused the wash, pulled the drawer out and had a look inside. Sure enough, it was the softer that had been dispensed. Besides, my detergent drawer is empty so nothing could have come out of that anyway. So, yes I am very confident it is dispensing from the softener compartment. I wonder if it needs a software patch. Is there a way to do that?
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

you can see what version your machine is running through the smart things app:

andy_in_ireland_2-1713884055957.png

you can also check for updates through the app:

andy_in_ireland_3-1713884304686.png

you can also check stored errors with the machine with the app:

andy_in_ireland_4-1713884444720.png

0 Likes