Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Registering a Product for extended warranty

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Steve Geary
Student
Options

I'm attempting to go through the process of taking the free extention on the guarantee of my new washing machine to 5 years. I have been at it now for over two hours and I cannot get past the 'Purchase Details' on the product registration page.
The very first question is 'Tell us which product you purchased'
I have tried every combination possible [or so I think] in this category from 'washing machine' through 'WW90CGC04DAE' which is what the model sticker says, to 'SAMSUNG Series 5 Ecobubble WW90CGC04DAEEU WiFi-enabled 9kg 1400 Spin Washing Machine - White' , as described on my Currys receipt.
I've tried Washing Machine, with the capitals, washing machines etc, laundry, White Goods, Home Appiances & loads and loads of different names and variants. There's no dropdown list to choose from just a checker which constantly reports - 'No product found in this category'.
The model sticker says WW90CGC04DAE
So may I ask what exactly should I be inputting here to enable me to advance to 'Product Details' ?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Steve Geary
Student
Options

Well I followed the link provided above, which eventually suggested I add " /EU " to the simple product code that's provided on the sticker.
The sticker shows the product as WW90CGC04DAE
But WW90CGC04DAE/EU still didn't work, so I changed the number 0s to capital os, thus WW9OCGCO4DAE/EU and still it didn't work.
After many attempts and over two hours overall at attempting registration I have eventually succeeded.
No doubt this Samsung Community is actually monitored by Samsung Staff, so might I suggest you redesign your stickers or website. I wonder how many customers abandon the registration process! The gurantee itself does work for we had to call out engineers on our last Samsung Washing Machine for a door that became faulty after a few years.
So for anyone else having frustration registering a washing machine simply add EU to the number of the main sticker attached to the item. It's only when you progress to the second page of registration that it asks for a serial number which leads you to search again and find a very much smaller sticker with not only the serial number but the correct code number required for the first page. The problem for a simple septuagenarian, like myself, is the the first page 'Let's get started with your samsung product' question is 'Tell us which product you purchased' Instead of 'Tell us the product code which you purchased' which would have shortened my attempts.
So you start with washing machine......etc......etc.....etc.........
The answer to my problem therefore was Not to use WW90CGC04DAE but to input WW90CGC04DAEEU

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Please see this post. Specifically the addition of '/EU' at the end of your product code

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/home-appliances/cannot-register-5-year-guarantee-washing-machine...
0 Likes
Solution
Steve Geary
Student
Options

Well I followed the link provided above, which eventually suggested I add " /EU " to the simple product code that's provided on the sticker.
The sticker shows the product as WW90CGC04DAE
But WW90CGC04DAE/EU still didn't work, so I changed the number 0s to capital os, thus WW9OCGCO4DAE/EU and still it didn't work.
After many attempts and over two hours overall at attempting registration I have eventually succeeded.
No doubt this Samsung Community is actually monitored by Samsung Staff, so might I suggest you redesign your stickers or website. I wonder how many customers abandon the registration process! The gurantee itself does work for we had to call out engineers on our last Samsung Washing Machine for a door that became faulty after a few years.
So for anyone else having frustration registering a washing machine simply add EU to the number of the main sticker attached to the item. It's only when you progress to the second page of registration that it asks for a serial number which leads you to search again and find a very much smaller sticker with not only the serial number but the correct code number required for the first page. The problem for a simple septuagenarian, like myself, is the the first page 'Let's get started with your samsung product' question is 'Tell us which product you purchased' Instead of 'Tell us the product code which you purchased' which would have shortened my attempts.
So you start with washing machine......etc......etc.....etc.........
The answer to my problem therefore was Not to use WW90CGC04DAE but to input WW90CGC04DAEEU

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Glad you got it sorted in the end.
Please mark your post as the accepted solution as to help others in the same situation.
0 Likes