Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rusted and broken new AI Washer!

(Topic created on: a month ago)
CaitH
Journeyman
Options
I'm now 2 weeks into a 3 week wait for my gorgeous and fabulous AI 11kg ecobubble washer. Just 4 months old when we noticed a strange noise. It sounded like the bearings but in what world do the bearings go on an £600 Samsung washer? This one apparently. 
Rather than rush in to fix such a crazy and unexpected issue it's taking weeks to get all the parts that need replacing because not only is the bearings gone but the entire inside is rusted. It at last explained why my favourite new white jumper came out of an all white wash pink! I'm gobsmacked that they aren't moving heaven and earth to fix this ASAP but no. The 6 of us, including 3 disabled adults, will just have to plod along with no washing. Looks like I'm buying pants and towels then.
13 REPLIES 13
GamerHach555
Apprentice
Options
Nice
GamerHach555
Apprentice
Options
Ok
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

rust??
The outer drum is white (cream) plastic and its a stainless steel drum , unless the rust is coming from the broken bearings in the back of the plastic drum, could it be that?

have you got any pictures of this 'rust' inside the machine?

0 Likes
CaitH
Journeyman
Options
I do and yes it's rust from the bearings that's gone right through the machine and out the back. It's still in warrantee so the professional guy opened it and showed us the mess it was in. He reported back and now we're waiting weeks for parts. I have many pictures but can't see how to add them. My profile pic is what the back of the machine looks like with the back cover off. I wasn't suggesting that the stainless steel drum itself was rusted but that the rust had gone all through the machine.
Deanbed
Voyager
Options
That is disgusting for a washing machine just 4 months old. I certainly would not buy a samsung washing machine. I normally go for a company like hotpoint or similar that doesn't have their business so big & wide ranging that they go from making phones to vacuum cleaners to ovens to earbuds. Too many to care & maintain quality.
CaitH
Journeyman
Options
I have had 2 samsung machines before but I'm now inclined to agree. I'll not be buying another Samsung washer, that is for sure. I just wish I could replace this instead of waiting to get it fixed
Dennis55M
Explorer
Options

What were the first symptoms you noticed?
Mine is in service right now because it bangs the door when starting to spin and sometimes even leaking water from the door.

It recently started making some weird clicking and rattling noises even while washing but louder during spinning. 

0 Likes
CaitH
Journeyman
Options
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're also having trouble. I hope you get it fixed sooner than mine which I still haven't even got the parts for. My first noticeable symptom was the clothes started to smell fusty like they'd been left damp. I didn't know it was the brand new washer at fault at that point though. I drove myself nuts trying to figure that out lol. Then there was an odd occasional squeak type noise that sounded like the rubber seal was moving up against the glass and got worse on the spin. Within a day or 2 it had gotten worse and was accompanied with a loud bang - rattle during spin and a roar when the drum was moved by hand like something was restricting the movement. At that point I'd recognised some of the noises and the drum movement as failed bearings but couldn't make myself believe it was that in a new machine.
0 Likes
CaitH
Journeyman
Options
It does sound like yours could be a similar problem. I'm wondering if there is a problem with this production line?
0 Likes