Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Hub application crash after OneUI 5.1.1 update

(Topic created on: 16-10-2023 05:43 PM)
AteszFromHungary
Apprentice
Options

After updating my S23 Ultra to OneUI 5.1.1, the Family Hub application perfectly working before, just crashes upon start (not even a second of displaying the init logo, then exiting).

My Z Fold 4 was still on OneUI 5.1 for a while, and the app still worked fine. However after the Z Fold getting the 5.1.1 update, it started crashing on that device, too. So the issue is clearly connected to the OneUI 5.1.1 update.

Switching to Smart Things is not an option, because our fridge is on Tizen 3.0, and it can not connect to Smart Things, I tried for half a day.

So now I have to keep a THIRD phone, that I will NOT allow to update to 5.1.1, only to be able to use the Family Hub app, when I really need it. Right now, with the OneUI 5.1.1 update, our fridge just turned from a smart fridge into a dumb fridge. Pretty annoyed at the mo.

7 REPLIES 7
AlphaHotel
Explorer
Options
Samsung are ruining the devices with these updates.
0 Likes
LLBLLB
First Poster
Options

Same experience.  So frustrating.

0 Likes
Ptrshe
First Poster
Options

Same problem, same phone. App worked one day and then suddenly it didn't. Worked on my husband's S10 phone for a few days and now doesn't work there either. Installed SmartThings which links to Family Hub app but the app still crashes. We have Tizen 3.0 on our fridge too. And we still have to manually defrost the icemaker even after having it serviced/software update three times. I emailed Family Hub app creator; no response. Samsung has EVERY opportunity to fix what's broken and win customers over but that is what happens when a business is designed to last only as long as their products will. 

0 Likes
jo134
First Poster
Options

my fridge is not even workin after update, family hub cannot connect so is not working at all

0 Likes
Ash003
First Poster
Options
My family hub keeps crashing saying update in my android no longer supports....any ideas?
0 Likes
LLBLLB
First Poster
Options

I have to use my wife's apple phone to post pics to the family hub. Samsung to Samsung no longer works.  Go figure.

0 Likes
LLBLLB
First Poster
Options

I have to use my wife's apple phone to post pics to the family hub. Samsung to Samsung no longer works. Go figure.

0 Likes