Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eco bubble fuse in plug blown and keeps blown after replaced after cycle

(Topic created on: 19-04-2024 08:16 AM)
DazzaM-42
First Poster
Options

Hi my eco bubble, which has worked well for 4-5 years, has started blowing fuses in the plug after a wash cycle,. luckily No scorching. It’s not tripping the RCD and once fuse is replaced it seems to operate fine. I first thought worn wires or rodent, but it wouldn’t work at all if theirs was the case it would just blow fuses, must be a heat operational problem?  Any ideas?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

What model number is yours, see I am wondering if you have a type of motor fitted with carbon brushes or an inverter brushless motor. Wash Motors draw a lot of amperage when in a spin cycle and If its a brush type motor and its blowing after a wash cycle it might not be heater thats drawing too much, but the brush type motor and that the brushes or motor need replacing.
Or what type of door lock does your washing machine have , does it open immediately after a wash or do you have to wait a minute or 2 to open the wash door after a cycle - maybe that needs replacing. 

If it was heater I would have thought it would blow the fuse during the wash and not at the end of the cycle. 

0 Likes