Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80BATXXC Screen cutting on 4K+120hz+Vrr

(Topic created on: 21-04-2023 03:21 PM)
miguelfcp
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone!

I have a QE55Q80BATXXC and I'm having a strange problem.

While playing God of War Ragnarok I was using the Favor Quality + High Frame Rate On + VRR the screen sometimes cuts off and then comes back. This happens randomly. If I turn the VRR off this doesn't happen. With other games with a similar configuration it happens as well.

I've already tried another HDMI port/cable and happens as well. Before I had a QE55Q80T model and this never happened. Had screen flickering but it never cut off the image.

EDIT: Here is a video of the problem

https://youtu.be/haNEWJtf-fY

Do I have a faulty TV? Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

Best regards!

6 REPLIES 6
miguelfcp
Explorer
Options

Hi. 

Added a video demonstration of the problem at the main post.

Best regards!

miguelfcp
Explorer
Options

Hi!
No one can help me with this?
Called Samsung support but they weren't able to help me unfortunately.

Thanks

Best regards!

miguelfcp
Explorer
Options

A new update on this:
Tried to reduce the transfer rate on PS5 (-1 and -2 options) and didn't work as well. PS5 VRR implementation is not working properly with Samsung TVs. Or at least with my model. 

Bobolos
Student
Options

I have the same problem.q70bat model

miguelfcp
Explorer
Options

I do believe that is a problem related how VRR is implemented on Samsung TVs and PS5 as well. 

PS5 uses HDMI council VRR solution that turns off when below 48Hz. Xbox uses AMD free sync which has a bigger range I do believe. 

What probably is happening is when PS5 reaches down 48 fps it turns off VRR so the screen refresh is back at 60Hz. And then the frame rate goes higher than 48 fps and turns again VRR 

During this periods when it is turning off/on the TV is probably changing game mode and that's why the screen cutting.

At least this is my understanding.

Bobolos
Student
Options

Idk but it's Samsungs fault for sure.They must fix it.We have pay for this function 

0 Likes