Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G5 34" curved monitor compatibility

(Topic created on: 10-04-2023 01:07 AM)
OwenRR
First Poster
Options

Hi I've just got a 34" g5 curved monitor and I'm wondering will my xbox series x be compatible with it? Haven't seen anything online with as tonwether it will work due to it being classed as an ultra wide monitor? 

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Egg1
Voyager
Options
The Samsung G5 Odyssey is a good gaming monitor if you want to play the new Sony and Microsoft consoles at 120 frames per second. The screen supports 120fps at 1080p with the PS5 as well as 120fps at 1080p and 1440p with the Xbox Series X and S.

The product also supports variable refresh rate and 4K downscaling to 1440p.

When it comes to HDR, however, the G5 is not ideal for the new gaming systems as it lacks support for Dolby Vision and a wide color gamut. Last but not least, this TV’s brightness levels are also too low to really bring out the colors of HDR.

https://seekingtech.com/is-the-odyssey-g5-a-good-monitor-for-ps5-xbox-series-x-and-other-consoles/
0 Likes
Egg1
Voyager
Options
I have one and it's screen failed, the review is fair.
I use mine for laptop gaming with a decent set up and to be fair am disappointed with mine, both in operation and the fact it is way too dark and I suspect short lived if you get one, test it out, play with all the recommended settings online and realise its a bit dark, both gaming and video. I suspect running with high brightness to try and compensate could have led to the scorched look to the film on mine which got warranty repaired.
I was and am disappointed in this product.
The Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 S32BG75 is the best monitor for Xbox Series X.
I wish you luck
0 Likes
OGgamer83X
Apprentice
Options

In the monitor settings itself change the refresh to 120. Then your series X should recognize 1440p (2k) @120Hz. Use the HDMI the series X came with. Mine works great.

0 Likes