Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32" Odyssey G70B Monitor Firmware ver 1444 VRR Broken

(Topic created on: 23-04-2023 01:52 AM)
Twistlosi
Apprentice
Options

Noticed with the latest firmware update ver 1444 on a 32" Odyssey G70B Monitor that VRR is now broken and causing stutters every so often, this is happening with both Windows 10 and a PS5. It's easy to see with the FPS counter with a locked framerate of 60 or so and it will jump to 144 briefly causing stutters. In Gran Turismo 7 with 120Hz mode stuttering is easy to notice which was clearly not happening before this firmware update.

11 REPLIES 11
Hagrid360
Apprentice
Options

Exact same problem with my  28" Odyssey G70B on firmware version 1444, they really need to do something to fix it.

There is also a problem when Windows **bleep** the screen to sleep and you want to wake the screen up, the screen does not detect the signal from the PC and you have to force the PC to shut down, it's really boring.

Twistlosi
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, I disabled sleep in Windows because of that so annoying such a simple feature is broken.

0 Likes
Hagrid360
Apprentice
Options

I come back to make some changes to my remarks. I ordered an HDMI 2.1 cable that I just received to test if the problems were also present in HDMI and it seems that the VRR works correctly in HDMI (only tested on 1 game).

It's funny that Samsung only provides the connector which has problems with the latest firmware version.

I will check if the sleep problem is also present in HDMI.

0 Likes
Hagrid360
Apprentice
Options

Waking up the screen after a windows sleep also works with HDMI, so any problems with firmware version 1444 would come from the Dislpayport connection.

Twistlosi
Apprentice
Options

I don't have HDMI 2.1 on my graphics card so only DisplayPort, I do use HDMI 2.1 with the PS5 though which still has the issues with VRR.

0 Likes
Ali Issa
First Poster
Options

Hey, I’m having the same issue while using my ps5 with this monitor. Black screen will appear at random times for about 2-5 seconds. Have you figured out what could be the problem or has anyone told you why this is happening and if there is a fix for it. Im taking my monitor for assessment in a week time, just want to know if im going to waste my time in doing so haha 

0 Likes
Pieter D
First Poster
Options

Any new on this? I'm having the same problem on PS5 with HDMI 2.1 cable.

0 Likes
Patrcikkkky
First Poster
Options

I found a solution to this problem. The monitor can't detect the latest update after ver. 1444. You have to update it manually by searching it in the support section at Samsung.com. My monitor's model is LS32BG702EMXUE 

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/model/LS32BG702EMXUE/

Scroll down and download the "Upgrade File (USB Type). You will be needing a flash drive to complete this. The latest version for my model is ver .1520.9 . Aug. 22, 2023.

Open also the "Firmware Update User Manual" for the installation guide.

Hope this one helps.

Ttrev23
Student
Options

It seems the update has been removed from the website. Samsung do not advise why this has been done. Does anyone have a copy of the  1520.9 .? This VRR flickering is annoying. 

0 Likes