Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZFold4 - Samsung Should Recall

(Topic created on: 13-10-2023 09:47 PM)
Rafael Napoleo
First Poster
Options

In a quick search on the internet, instagram, facebook, tiktok, I was startled by the number of problems with the ZFOLD 4, the screen that opens has a hidden flaw that starts to bubble around 8 months and the consequence of this is the screen freezing with black lines and the impossibility of using the resource that is the great difference of the model and the brand, unfortunately for my misfortune I was another victim, in my case 2 months after the warranty expired as shown in the attached photos, however, I tried to follow the standard paths to resolve the case, because as a customer since the Galaxy S6 I have obtained all models and at no point did I think there would be a problem in changing my phone, as it was not broken or damaged by me in any way, just the fact of using the The difference between the phone mentioned Z FOLD 4 made it present the bubbles first and then the black lines as shown in the attached photos.
I want to show here my indignation at the attitude of the attendants, I even include the protocol number too, as they have no preparation and no idea to be able to really understand the real problem, this is a case of RECALL - very clear, as the problem is hidden.
This is my last attempt to resolve my case amicably, because as a defender of the brand for many years I will need to surrender to the fact of this case and the resolution process is not adequate to make me leave the brand and never return.
I'm a businessman and the model was a great facilitator for me in my daily life, but I can't see something that is beautiful but isn't even 1 year old and can't be used.
I hope that someone who has the appreciation I have for the brand comes back with a different stance and resolves the case with users who believed in the innovation of being able to have a foldable screen, but it cannot last 12 months or less.

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.27.16 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.27.16 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.27.15 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.27.15 PM.jpegf31b040e-d7c3-476f-b461-53e5a2463463 - Copy.jfifWhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.40.39 PM - Copy.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.36.19 PM - Copy.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.36.18 PM - Copy.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 4.39.38 PM - Copy.jpeg

17 REPLIES 17
Piper123
Maestro
Options
To put this into context, Samsung sold a few million of these devices and only a very small number have issues.

If you genuinely believe this to be a manufacturing fault, the under The Consumer Directive 2015 you may have a right to reject the unit and request a replacement. The problem will come that Samsung Customer Service will have no idea what you are talking about.

I believe you have 2 choices:

1. If you paid by CREDIT CARD then speak to your bank about a Section 75 Claim

2. Consult a solicitor to get a letter sent to Samsung UK detailing your rights under The Consumer Directive 2015.

Samsung Customer Service likely to follow the line of "the device is out of warranty so you'll need to pay for a repair".

Good luck
Fold_4_is_a_scam
Apprentice
Options

Hi Rafael,

On mine, it started with a triangular bubble at the top, in the middle of the inside screen. Progressed quickly to the bottom to become a strip all along the hinge, cracking noises, but the internal screen was still usable at the time. However, very soon afterwards, it turned black and unresponsive to touch. All in a matter of a few days.

I can see here and on other websites exactly the same pattern. These phones seem to have been insufficiently tested in real life conditions. Mine broke after just over 11 months. They claim that due to physical damage (a dent at the top of the hinge), my warranty is invalidated. Even if my Fold 4 might have been dropped over 3 months ago, what has it got to do with this problem? Nothing - just provides Samsung with an excuse not to repair the phone under warranty. Apparently, 20-30% of Folds break through normal use within the first year, so it must be too costly for Samsung to repair them all under warranty (exception being: someone has not been using them as normal phones and so they are immaculate as new after a year, but they might still push for things like the phone having been kept under too much pressure in your pocket). Looks like Samsung are at the point when they prefer to lose loyal customers than admit a design flaw.

How much they are pushing back any warranty claims was proven to me by their Customer Solutions team during a phone call a few hours ago. The lady claimed that if there were a scratch on the back cover of a phone, this would make the warranty void and even a broken microphone would not be repaired under it free of charge. According to her, a scratch is physical damage and would therefore invalidate the warranty. I’ve worked for 3 different major mobile phone operators in the UK, but this is the first time I’ve ever heard that an unrelated ‘physical damage’ (a scratch on the back cover) would invalidate the warranty for other parts of a mobile phone. It’s like saying that a smashed car window would invalidate the warranty for a broken gearbox!

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The fold and flip devices are not as robust as slab type mobiles, allot more care is required and even then still issues.

In short, I had issues with my fold3, flip3, on constant tenterhooks my fold4, flip4 will fail and then left high and dry by Samsung.

This is the reason Samsung fold, flip phones will not gain more market sure, if customers have no confidence they won't buy or won't again.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
utcatulileonis
Student
Options
I've got mine for over a year now and it's working fine.
0 Likes
Oliver_C
Pioneer
Options
My hinge and inner screen dead twice in 1 year.
0 Likes
AlphaHotel
Journeyman
Options
samsung are con men in suits im unhappy with their service and prices. i might as well buy a new phone then pay out off warranty price fees. they know thew problem but continue to fleece the public of funds
0 Likes
Omar Asad Khan
Student
Options

Dear Samsung Team

I have reported fault in my Galaxy Z Fold 4 – Foldable Screen and Back Camera Glass via

• Personal visit first on Friday 20th October at Service Centre in Gulberg
  • Then via Email and Whatspp on Monday 23rd October.

I was told by Mr. Umer from Customer Support that I would be contacted soon regarding the resolution of my complaint.

Its been 5 working days and I have not heard back from Mr. Umer.

I tried contacting the WhatsApp Support and they told me that someone will contact me soon, but so far nobody has reached out to me.

Also they are not telling me how long it will take and at what stage of the approval process is my complaint currently at?

I am concerned because I am not being able to use my phone properly since the 18th of October when the issue surfaced.

This is causing hindrance in my Office and Personal work. Also I will be travelling out of city soon and need to have this issue resolved before that.

Kindly look into the matter at your earliest convenience.

Regards

Omar Khan

Deputy General Manager Customer Experience

ECS

0 Likes
Omar Asad Khan
Student
Options

Dear Samsung

I am a CX Head Of Department myself and completely understand the Warranty Policies, the standard being that if damage has occurred because of mis-use and negligence by customer then company shall not be liable.

But Umar, my case is different, I am claiming that there is no negligence from my side and the phone has malfunctioned during normal usage.

There is no physical damage to the phone, hinges, No shattering of the screen because of falling, No immersion of phone in water.

But the customer support staff is wrongly accusing me that the issue is caused by me.

Please look into this matter personally as this malpractice is not only creating a distasteful experience at my end but will lead to Negative WOM and Negative Brand Image and Loss of Customers and Decline in Sales for Samsung Pakistan Official Brand. And eventually competition brands will take benefit of this weak point.

Also please go through the 1 Star and 2 Star Google Reviews (Google Maps) of Samsung Customer Service Centre many other customers have suffered.

And also consider those customers who have Churned without reporting anything and will never come back to Samsung again.

Request you to solve the issue on basis of justice and in an un-biased and impartial manner.

P.S. I am Samsung Loyal Customer and have been using Samsung flagship phones since past 11 years consistently, upgrading to newer models starting from Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Looking forward to receiving a positive solution as compensation for all the mental and physical torture caused in this entire unfortunate experience.

JazakAllah and Best Regards

Omar Khan

Deputy General Manager Customer Experience

ECS

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi @Omar Asad Khan 

Sad to hear about your experience, but we're only able to look into UK-related enquiries on this Community, as we're Samsung Support UK. I'd advise reaching out to Samsung Support in your region by clicking on the following link: https://www.samsung.com/pk/support/

0 Likes