Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z fold 4 wont allow sim card to register on network after restarts

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Jk42040
First Poster
Options

Does anyone have this issue? On restart the z fold 4 says emergency calls only. No resets of mobile networks/WiFi rectifies the issue. The sim needs to be removed and put in another phone then put back in the z fold and it works. I keep WiFi off and avoid restarts because of this issue. I just updated firmware to 6.1 but problem is still there.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Was problem there before you upgraded to 6.1. Have you tried another SIM card? May need to speak to your network provider and have them send you a new SIM.
Jk42040
First Poster
Options

Problem was there prior to update. Sim card works in my spare phone. After the restart I need to take the sim card out of the fold,  put it in my back up phon3 where it registers on the network then I put it back in the fold and it works, I need WiFi off also, can't use do not disturb on it either. 

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Is your model dual sim? Can you pop the SIM in the other SIM slot and test, or is your model only one physical SIM and one eSIM. May need to speak directly to your network provider if that doesn't help.
0 Likes
Jk42040
First Poster
Options

It's single sim and esim.

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Dont know if you've already checked, but

Settings>connections >SIM manager

Toggle off and on SIM 1
0 Likes
Jk42040
First Poster
Options

I've done everything possible that I have read I was hoping someone has had the exact same problem and that I was missing something that could fix it 

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Understood. Have you physically inspected the SIM tray for damage?
0 Likes
Jk42040
First Poster
Options

Tray is mint undamaged,  phones undamaged always been in a case never dropped or wet

0 Likes