Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 4 doesn't open flat anymore

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Leigh-Anne
First Poster
Options
My Z Fold 4 went into the Samsung repair centre for a new inner screen protector because the one I had was peeling away from the middle where it folds. Since I got my phone back, it no longer unfolds as flat as it did before. Has my phone been damaged or is the new screen protector stopping it from fully opening? Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Robin999
Maestro
Options
I'd be reporting it to Samsung and asking them to resolve this.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Leigh-Anne: In this instance, please get in touch with our Support Team by heading to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the screen > Contact us, and an advisor will be able to assist you further. Please be aware that you may be required to send your Z Fold4 for a further inspection and repair, depending on the available repair options in your region. 

0 Likes
Artindoril
Navigator
Options
It's probably bits of the hinge brush stuck in the mechanism.

As others say get a case raised with Samsung asap. But be warned, they will use every possible way to get out the warranty. You might have to claim on any phone insurance policy you have.
0 Likes
Zel34
First Poster
Options
The same thing happened to mine at an authorised Samsung repairer! 🙄
It's because the screen protector was too tight, the phone obviously wasn't 100% flat when they put the new screen protector on. They also caused damage to a pixel which affected the touchscreen. In the end they replaced both screens, the battery and the casing, basically a new phone. 

It really annoyed me that they didn't bother to test/check before returning it back to me. Substandard service which caused me SO much stress in fighting to get my phone back to its original condition and all because of a Samsung manufacturing fault that all Fold 4's have.

And to think we're all going to go through this screen replacement nightmare every year! But will have to pay next time as Samsung will only replace it once for free
0 Likes