Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 3 air bubble on front screen

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 12:02 PM)
Tinku
Journeyman
Options

20210907_111348.jpgHas anyone else noticed an air bubble on their front screen of their new Galaxy Fold 3? 

19 REPLIES 19
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I don't own a Fold device but normally a card... like a credit card... can iron out air bubbles like that, but don't do it as I don't know what that would be like on a Fold screen... just giving my input.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There's a film protector on the screen. It's to protect the screen during manufacturing and packing.
Easy enough to remove or maybe try to squeeze it out if there's no dust under it
Tinku
Journeyman
Options
Thanks. Im going to take it to the Samsung store on Saturday
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
No point taking it to a samsung store, if the bubble won't come out with a card, peel it off and buy a new one
0 Likes
Tinku
Journeyman
Options
No thanks
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Tinku 

For such an expensive phone and a flagship model at that it shouldn't have passed quality control in my opinion  !

I'd have it swapped out under any relevant Cooling Off Period.

That screen protector is factory fitted and should be pristine condition to protect the screen on the Fold³.

It's not for in-transit reasons. It's meant to stay on all the time.

Samsung suggest for a person not to remove it themselves, but instead ask for a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre to do it. And that's if they have the screen protector needed in stock.

It protects the display underneath and if a person does remove it themselves and accidentally damages the screen underneath when removing it then Samsung may not provide support to repair under the warranty.

You shouldn't have to now try and iron it out  / rectify this yourself. It's a brand new phone.

I'm not confident the bubble wouldn't re appear anyway, and I wouldn't want to leave that screen unprotected.

I know other owners have decided to remove their screen protectors and like it more that way, and so have decided to take that risk.

In regards to fitting your own screen protector on the Fold³.

Whitestone Dome amongst other accessories sites sell these but to be honest from the YouTube videos I've seen on this it's possibly not the best type of phone to try and fit a screen protector on.

Certainly not the easiest.

The video's I've seen have shown the phone to be left with air pockets / bubbles underneath which may / may not dissappear.

On balance some people say it went ok.

Of course the final course of action is purely down to your decision but for a phone that costs £1,500 in the UK I'd want it right out of the box.

I once picked up a Samsung Note 10+ 5G from my local Samsung Experience Store and on opening it up there was a pretty deep scratch on the screen protector. 

Now some would just remove the screen protector but for a £1,000 phone I wanted it to be pristine out of the box, and I didn't know what had happened to the phone at the factory to cause this damage, so I had it swapped out.

Would you let us know how you get on with this.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

j123456789
Pathfinder
Options

yes, the edges of outer screen's protector are coming lose already on my fold 3 after 2 days.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @j123456789 

How do you carry the Fold³ around ?

In a pocket or pouch etc ?

Do you have a case fitted onto your Fold³ ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Tinku
Journeyman
Options
Mines in its case with the s pen
0 Likes