Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 5 Cover Screen - No Notification Quick Actions?

(Topic created on: 07-08-2023 08:14 AM)
Sol_3
Apprentice
Options
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the lack of quick actions underneath notifications from the cover screen? 
Normally I can swipe down on a notification to g let quick actions, like reply to a message or dismiss an alarm, but with the current cover screen this doesn't seem to exist. 
Why is this? Has anyone found if this is intended or just bad design?

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Sol_3: The Cover screen of the Galaxy Flip5 features a series of customisable widgets which, while offering convenient access to certain apps and features, won't provide the full functionality of the main/unfolded UI. For clarity, are you encountering this issue while the phone is locked? Are you able to provide a photo to illustrate the issues you're having with your notifications? 

0 Likes
Sol_3
Apprentice
Options
Sorry yeah I've updated the post, didn't realise you can add images, that was well hidden.
I've posted the same thing on reddit with these images.
It just seems a bit silly that Samsung aren't allowing such basic functionality and they have more than enough space now to allow it.
Notice there's no drop down to the right side of the notification and swiping down on them does nothing, with no option on the notification to quickly interact with it.

I'm hoping they add support for this at some point.
0 Likes
Teddy2tuff
First Poster
Options

Just wanted to chime in and say I've also noticed this: It seems like a clear backward step to omit quick actions from the cover screen notifications.

fyugioh
First Poster
Options

Really miss this feature from z4 flip. Don't want to open app every time I want to see the whole message.

Members_EwxUV2I
First Poster
Options

I'll chime in as well and say that I have an A72 and recently got a Flip5. The quick actions for notifications are - for me - one of the most useful features. I get a lot of e-mails and it's very convenient to be able to quickly choose "Mark as Read" or "Delete" from the notifications tray without having to go into the app. Same goes for "Turn off for today" on alarms or do not disturb mode. I can't understand this downgrade and don't tell me "not enough room on the Flip's cover screen". There's obviously enough even for opening the entire message in Yahoo Mail or Google app and Good Lock proves that (speaking of which, that is yet another weird and inexplicable move to make it available only in a few regions). 

DarthWendigo
Student
Options

Same here. I miss the quick actions.

0 Likes