Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 4 Not recognizing the fully closed position and cover screen not turning on

(Topic created on: 29-05-2023 08:01 PM)
Echo192
First Poster
Options

So i've got my Z Flip 4, and it appears to have a new issue. The Phone doesnt seem to recognize when it's fully closed, it does recognize the partial close configuration but doesn't do anything when i fully close it, and as such the cover screen doesn't work as intended. Has anyone ran into this issue before? and does anyone know how to fix it? I've tried a factory reset, twice, and it doesn't seem to change it. the screen does come on for a bit when i restart the phone, but once i open it and close it again it doesn't come back on.

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Echo192 

I'm sorry to hear your experiencing this issue with your phone.

May I assume the phone hasn't been accidentally bumped or had water ingression ?

I appreciate you've performed a factory reset.

Can you as a further troubleshooting step try Safe Mode.

> Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

If the issue continues then first contact Samsung Support via your Samsung Members App to see if they can guide further.

You may need to book the phone in with a Samsung Service Centre  / Samsung Experience Store to have the phone assessed.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
vicadious
Apprentice
Options

i have similar issues, just that for me, the phone can recognise the fully close position when there is no cover on it. with cover, it does not work at all. this has been an issue ever since I first bought it. but I only recently realise that by right, even with a case, it should recognise the close position because I saw people doing this on YouTube, with a case, and it works! Some it seems mine is a not so sensitive set?

Question. Should I then send this in? Sometimes I feel like if nothings broken, don't fix it. This close not close position is not a major issue, but my phone is still within warranty. What do you guys think?

0 Likes
Becca842
First Poster
Options

Yup. This is happening to me now since they rolled out the latest update. I have no idea what is going on but every solution I have found doesn't work. Restarting it only works for a bit and then the outer screen goes blank again. 

0 Likes
vicadious
Apprentice
Options

Dear all

I recently sent my flip 4 in for servicing just to see if they can do anything for me. They plugged into some system to run diagnostic tests, and without the technician doing anything extra, the phone cover now works as intended. I asked him what did he do, he said nothing. He just did as mentioned earlier.

I suggest you guys drop by for a "Plug-in" to their diagnostic  tool and see if it works for you.

0 Likes
emmie22
First Poster
Options
My phone is a refurbished job but the front screen is not working I've downloaded the software for it to work but it doesn't. Help