Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty on galaxy fold 4

(Topic created on: 01-12-2023 11:52 AM)
muhammed1966
Journeyman
Options

Have to say getting. Worried by reading all the comments that are not positive in relation to the warranty status on my flagship phone the Galaxy fold 4. 

I only purchased the phone in March 2023 and the internal screen has failed and the screen protector had started to peel off. 

You would expect for a phone that you pay  £1800 for that Samsung would be looking to support the phone for longer than 12 Months.

I have sent my phone in after trying to book a service slot for the Kings Cross London  service centre and had to give up as I could not find a time slot and then to make things worse I could not even find the Fold 4 on the drop down menu to select my phone model. 

I did feel like a criminal with the questions and statements that were made on the phone call and felt like I was being blamed for the failure of the screen. 

I sincerely hope that Samsung does repair the screen but I have to be honest I cannot see my self staying with Samsung despite the fact that I have been a loyal Samsung customer for at least 17 years with various technologies including TV, laptops and mobile phones. 

As I have said when you pay £1800 for a phone and then experience failures with the screen in less than roughly 8 months it does not bode well for anyone and I would now question Samsung and their quality control. 

The screen is a major component of the phone and with a screen that is supposed to live up to opening and closing many times a day makes you think that all of us have been fooled by Samsung. 

The screen should not fail in this short period of time. 

I am grateful that my phone was picked for repairs but imagine if I did not have a spare phone, no offer was by Samsung to offer me a loan phone. 

I am reluctant to switch to IOS and if I do have any other problems I will have to be honest I will look at Google phones going forward. 

I hope Samsung listens to its customers makes amends. 

11 REPLIES 11
fazerdenzil
Student
Options
Until manufacturers get it right with flip/fold screens there will always be problems, many other fold 4 owners have the same problems. Lots of people jump straight on to new tech because they want to be 1st to own 1 without doing long term research, that means usually waiting 6 months for decent feedback, then you can say "I'm glad I didn't buy the new gold phone etc etc. Greed from manufacturers comes before customer satisfaction these days in this greedy world we live in! I changed from iOS to Samsung android coz I don't like paying to listen to music on my phone! Glad I did, at least you can clear cache on android!
0 Likes
fazerdenzil
Student
Options
Fold phone not gold phone!
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@muhammed1966 Samsung apply a 24 month Manufacturing Warranty not 12 months. 

What you don't hear from typically is the people who have had a seamless Warranty claim as many don't sign up to a forum to share positive information. 

We see people sign up more to vent and share negative thoughts as they've had in their eyes a poor support experience.

I'm in no way disregarding these peoples thoughts and experiences by the way. 

Samsung do not offer loan phones. 

This is more in connection to people who have been supplied a phone by their network as part of a contract who can be offered load phone's. 

I wish you all the best with your phone. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Dave j
Explorer
Options

I'm having issues. Samsung don't give a toss. 

muhammed1966
Journeyman
Options
You won't believe it but Samsjng just replaced my phone with a new one. I was told it was going to be repaired and k. Reckon it was a new one.

Thank you Samsung.
0 Likes
muhammed1966
Journeyman
Options
Samsung just replaced my faulty phone with a new one.
Dave j
Explorer
Options

How??

muhammed1966
Journeyman
Options
The internal screen must have been too far gone. Probably didn't make sense for them to change the screen. The phone was only about 6 months old. It would have been wrong if them not to replace the phone for a flagship product they do Nedd to make sure that people who have invested so much are looked after.
Dave j
Explorer
Options

Looks like I've made a breakthrough myself. Sky who I'm in contract with are willing to take the phone back and are considering to pay for the repair themselves. I'm not holding all my hopes out but it's at least worth another try. I will update once I know what is happening