Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swiping from the bottom

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
demidreamer
Student
Options

hi everyone!

upgrading to 6.1 on my z flip 5 has changed the gestures on my phone and for some reason, there's no way back. i've seen folks discussing the same matter on galaxy phones, but there is no option to get back to swiping from the bottom on z flip. is samsung going to introduce a similar solution? changing sensitivity doesn't help at all, the screen does confuse swiping pictures/screens/apps/in-app gestures (instance: swiping from the dashboard to the direct messages on instagram) with swiping back and the phone has literally become unusable. please, introduce a way to get back to swiping from the bottom on z flips, too, as you have with galaxy phones. i really don't want to use the buttons navigation bar, but i'm not sure if i have much of a choice. 

here's what the enhanced menu looks like on galaxy phone (taken from google). the second picture is the same menu on z flip. 

1000016754.jpg

1000016757.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Google has introduced new swipe gestures to accommodate the AI features.
So swipe from the sides goes back a page
Swipe up from the bottom to go home
Swipe up and hold to view recent apps used and touch and hold at the bottom to activate circle to search

Unfortunately this is an android software thing.

Have a search here and others have mentioned using Goodlock with the Navstar plug in to get some of the old functionality back

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Google has introduced new swipe gestures to accommodate the AI features.
So swipe from the sides goes back a page
Swipe up from the bottom to go home
Swipe up and hold to view recent apps used and touch and hold at the bottom to activate circle to search

Unfortunately this is an android software thing.

Have a search here and others have mentioned using Goodlock with the Navstar plug in to get some of the old functionality back
demidreamer
Student
Options

thank you! navstar is a gamechanger! 

itsmitchell777
First Poster
Options

This is a great solution. I hate using third party apps for this sort of thing but the NavStar setting to "Enable extra gesture settings" adds an option in system settings to return the gestures to how they were prior to update, you don't ever have to open the app again after enabling this setting.

0 Likes