Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software version

(Topic created on: 02-12-2023 02:36 PM)
Suecoo
Explorer
Options
My Flip 5 doesn't seem to be updating the version of software I'm using is older than the one on my hubby's phone.
I can't recall it updating for some time (if at all) & I've only had if since end of October. I did join the beta scheme but tried to withdraw & option doesnt appear to be there now. Samsung support advised to connect to the switch app back up and reset but mac book doesn't have USB C & the USB wire I have is coming up as not supported so I can't connect to Smart Switch to back it up & use the back up after resetting. 
Is there a way of forcing an update? 
16 REPLIES 16
Suecoo
Explorer
Options
This is my software info 1701528922027.jpg1701528922043.jpg
0 Likes
LM2187
First Poster
Options
Hi,

While I don't have the flip 5, my s23 ultra hasn't received the new update yet either on OTA or smart switch (from the UK), I bought the phone a few days ago from an online retailer (not via a carrier and I'm not in the beta scheme)

I spoke to Samsung support and they told me the updates come in batches, similarly I have read reports depending on device region your carrier may be holding the update until they are ready to send it out OTA, maybe ask them for an ETA?

abit disappointing coming from an iPhone where the updates come out universally. I do hope I receive the update soon, especially since I have read reports that all s23 devices should have the update by now.

I have read there is away to update the firmware manually without smart switch however I believe it's tailored to more advance users and I personally am not sure I want to mess about with all of that, especially since the phone is brand new and I don't want to lose any data.

Re your question about the MacBook, perhaps you could try getting an adapter or buying another cable that supports data transfer online?

Apologies this doesn't answer your question directly but I hope it gives some more context from my experience dealing with a similar issue, I guess it's just wait and hope for the time being 😞1701532315417.jpg
Suecoo
Explorer
Options
It looks like your baseband version is a lot newer than mine as mine starts with F and yours S. I've tried 2 USB leads and neither work but should. The original cable it came with is USB C both ends so I can't use it with my Mac book and I don't have another PC to use
0 Likes
niceguyeddie99
Journeyman
Options
Did u get it sorted I'm having the same issue at the moment have tried smart switch no updates tried resetting and restoring the phone still nothing ..I'm at a lose
Suecoo
Explorer
Options
Yes I did, but I got a new laptop and it worked on that by connecting it with a lead
0 Likes
niceguyeddie99
Journeyman
Options
Nothing on mine . Smart switch doesn't say anything about updates the update button on my phone says my phone is up to date . But people telling me on here that's there has been 2 updates since Jan 2024 . That's what mines says . I'm at a lose not got a clue . 1711119101774.jpg1711119101809.jpg
0 Likes
Suecoo
Explorer
Options
What phone do you have the Flip 5?
0 Likes
niceguyeddie99
Journeyman
Options
Yeah the flip 5
0 Likes
niceguyeddie99