Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen glitch Galaxy Z Flip 5 after update

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Lillith13
First Poster
Options

I can`t use my phone anymore after latest update!

The screen glitches so I can`t even enter my code to unlock my phone. This is the second time an update messes up my phone.. My previous cell was an A53, where the wifi and bluetooth still aren`t able to turn on!

And now my Flip 5. And before you ask, yes I tried all possible actions to fix it. Well all the things you can do at home.

• Took off the screen protection and cleaned the screen
  • Tried it with a special pen for touch screens and with clean fingertips
  • Restarted the phone
  • Started up in safe mode
  • Tried to acces it from a computer, but as it`s locked...
  • I`ve made an appointement for tomorrow in the shop I bought it, it`s still in garanty.. So I just hope it`s fixable!

I always loved Samsung technology. But all my trust is gone. I`ve had to much issues in the last year with you`re products and don`t think I`ll stick with Samsung for my next phone..😔

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Lillith13 

Hello and welcome to Samsung Forums.

You do not mention wiping the phone's cache partition in your post. See...

Wipe Cache Partition, Repair apps & Galaxy App Booster

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/wipe-cache-partition-repair-apps-amp-galaxy...

Wiping the device's cache partition is done in Recovery Mode and does not require you to be logged in. See if it helps. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm sorry to learn of the issues you are facing with your phone @Lillith13  😔 

Will you let us know what is said after Samsung has had hands on please. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
kenz82
First Poster
Options

Mine started with a weird discoloration then started with a green line on the bottom of the screen. Progressed to flashing and now my inner screen will not turn on at all. Outer screen is fine but cant do anything else.

0 Likes
_Lillith_
Apprentice
Options

Aldo tried that, had my phone picked up monday but haven't heard anything yet.. nor did I receive a reference tot follow the repair.. just a text that my phone arrived on Thursday at the repair center.. 

0 Likes
_Lillith_
Apprentice
Options

Wish I could tell you more, but haven't got my phone back after the repair service picked it up monday..

0 Likes