Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Z Fold 3

(Topic created on: 14-05-2022 06:24 PM)
Madona1
Student
Options

Today, I woke up and opened my Samsun Z fold and it has this white line in the middle of the big screen, the phone is not even 4 months old, how will this be solved. I need help. Also noticed this phone overheats a lot. It's also fair to say the phone did not fall down and the screen is not broken. See image, help needed. IMG-20211125-WA0001.jpg

43 REPLIES 43
Livingtolearn
Apprentice
Options

Has Samsung rectified the issue?

0 Likes
Livingtolearn
Apprentice
Options

Your story is very familiar. But Samsung charged me 386.00 to fix. I think Class action lawsuit should ensue

Livingtolearn
Apprentice
Options

Same situation.  I think a class action lawsuit should be started 

Livingtolearn
Apprentice
Options

Same thing here....perhaps a class action lawsuit might help Samsung learn the error of their ways

cmcinni3
Student
Options

I'm actually experiencing two smaller black marks on my zfold by the fold. I pull thr protective covering off just to make sure there was no air pockets. There aren't. This phone was over $2k and I'm so tired of buying the latest and "greatest " and there's issues. I think I've had this phone nearly a year. Hoping it's under warranty. 

Madona1
Student
Options

Just an update, I ended up using my insurance to get a new one. Turns out it was broken? sad indeed. My new one is great and has no issues.

0 Likes
cmcinni3
Student
Options

You're absolutely correct, they should recall the phone. The customers aren't all complaining about the same issues without there being a serious problem with the product. I have called Samsung twice today, still on hold. The first call I waited for the automated system to transfer me. Over 35 minutes, no one picked up. I called again. I've been holding again for 23 minutes and 11 seconds. No response. I've had this $2000 phone since last September. No damage from dropping, water, or anything else. This is ridiculous!

DocJeff
Explorer
Options

My Z-Fold was purchased 5 months ago from Samsung directly since they sent me a "Loyal Customer" offer. I was allowed to trade in my Galaxy Note 20 for credit towards this Z-Fold. I sent in my Note 20 when I received this Z-Fold. Loved the Z-Fold until the dreaded black line started out of nowhere. I never dropped it and it was fully encased with the Samsung cover with Note pen. It happened while on a plane and simply opened it. Throughout the 4 hour flight....the black line eventually turned into a 1-inch black zone and unresponsive on the right side. I started a service request within 24 hours. I sent it in and had the dreaded email and phone call stating..."we are unable to repair and it has been determined that this damage is from "non-warranty damage"....WHAT??? I am without a phone since I traded my Note 20 in and now Samsung is deflecting the design flaw as if I threw against the wall while the phone was open and some how caused damage as the crease!!?? B.S. Samsung!!! What a loser company. I can't wait for the multi-million dollar class action lawsuit. When I sent the Z-Fold in there was only a small black line down the crease....this what was returned to me.When I sent the Z-Fold in there was only a small black line down the crease....this what was returned to me.When I sent it in....there was only a small black line down the crease....now 90% of the screen is broken.When I sent it in....there was only a small black line down the crease....now 90% of the screen is broken.

0 Likes
DocJeff
Explorer
Options

Notice that there isn't a single ding in the frame around the screen. It was in pristine condition prior to the black line appearing out of nowhere.

Billiedee3
First Poster
Options

What insurance do you have. Did they charge you a deductible? 

0 Likes