Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Z Fold 3

(Topic created on: 25-11-2021 01:08 PM)
Madona1
Student
Options

Today, I woke up and opened my Samsun Z fold and it has this white line in the middle of the big screen, the phone is not even 4 months old, how will this be solved. I need help. Also noticed this phone overheats a lot. It's also fair to say the phone did not fall down and the screen is not broken. See image, help needed. IMG-20211125-WA0001.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Sorry to read you having trouble with your new phone
If only 4 months old
I would suggest contacting
Support and get help
Under warranty

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

View solution in context

43 REPLIES 43
Solution
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Sorry to read you having trouble with your new phone
If only 4 months old
I would suggest contacting
Support and get help
Under warranty

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
Jp46
Pioneer
Options
Contact Samsung, they should replace the screen or phone, as under warranty.
0 Likes
jibby
Apprentice
Options
They will replace the screen, all the fold 3 are under warranty for screen change. But I would ask them for a new phone. Hope can the screen go bust in 4 months. I have not had any issue so I would advise to push for a new phone as it is not because of damage
0 Likes
Flashover
Journeyman
Options

Same thing happened to mine today. Exact same way. Sucks but should be covered.

20211204_035614.jpg

0 Likes
ElsaSolomon
First Poster
Options

Yep...ours was only 3-1/2 months old when it started having problems. Big black blob down the center and the right side of the inside screen would not respond to touch.phone issue.jpg   I contacted AT & T for a replacement - but this phone has to apparently go through Samsung for the warranty.  When I contacted Samsung....I thought since the phone was still so new  - that they would just replace it.  Nope!  We had to send the phone to them for them to try and repair it.  Apparently....they fixed it...because it is supposed to be back in the mail today.  So frustrating.  We had to factory reset the phone to send it back.  Then we had to get a new phone for my husband while this one was being repaired as he can not be without his phone for work.  That I think was the worst....I buy him this $1,800.00 phone for his birthday...giving up a perfectly good Note10+ as a trade in...and it was no good in less than 4 months....and had to buy another phone!!   My husband keeps his phone in a tough case and side pouch at ALL times when not using it...and never man handles it...Sad that a phone that cost as much as a used car can't last.  We will see how long it lasts when we get it back.  If it acts up again - we already plan to ask to just be refunded for the cost....so we can go back to the Note10+  for him.  We honestly don't want this ZFold after being burnt this early on.  My Note10+ is coming up on over 2 years old and no problems.    Lets hope this repair lasts long enough for us to be eligible for an upgrade and then we are getting rid of the Z Fold.  Should have known such advanced technology wouldn't last through ever day use.  But, he was begging for this phone.  I guess he's learned his lesson and so did I!!

JeffHBCA
First Poster
Options

Sorry about your experience Elsa. Exactly the same thing just happened to me! 5 months and 3 days old and the center fold of the screen is delaminating. I have the big black line down the middle and the screen is now useless!! $1,957.00 out the door . Customer service is a nightmare. They want the phone for TWO weeks to evaluate and repair. This phone has not been abused. It has only been opened and closed as it relates to its design. Who goes without their phone for two weeks? No one. I convinced my wife to buy a Samsung fold also 30 days ago. If we are not properly served we will demand a refund or take legal action. The product is obviously defective and they put it out to market anyway. Samsung should RECALL this phone.

Flashover
Journeyman
Options

Not covered by samsung. Customer service was a disgusting nightmare. Just an endless loop designed to get you nowhere.

inwe85
Explorer
Options

Sorry to hear,  Samsung has been doing this worldwide by blaming the fold damage of a FOLDABLE phone on users, voiding the warranty unilaterally, and then giving a discounted repair price "out of good will". They will give no details on evidence that it is user-caused, their technical support team makes the final decision and that is it. CROOKS. Last phone I'll ever purchase from Samsung after being a decade-long supporter, seriously considering switching back to Apple now or Google Pixel.

hpham
First Poster
Options

The same thing happened to my Fold 3 today.  Only been used for 3.5 months.  Did anyone have any luck getting Samsung to cover the repair, either through mail-in repair or assigned to a local repair shop?