Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 - Shutdown after every Flip

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
PraksJaya
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Galaxy Flip 4 - Phone is shutting down after every flip and even Display, Battery and kit are replaced by the Authorized Service Center by August or September 2023 but is covered under warranty for the previous problem like screen latency. Now also visited Authorized Service Center again they are telling replace the display with amount of 29K for this subjected issue. Even they opened the device for the check but there is no single problem identified on the device and they given job sheet with passing 69 tests. I really frustrated of the Samsung service because bought this phone on September 2022 and it creates problem and solved by September 2023 but now starts with different problem. Display which is changed on the 2023 August or September has the warranty right because these are parts Samsung manufactures but they are not accepting. By paying 29K for the single display change which is also changed on the previous year and it now 6 months again they are telling me change the display all the things it is ridiculous.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
chroma_punk
Student
Options

Yes, it seems there is a defect with the screen on Z Flip 4

Mine just went out and I bought it August 2022. Warranty ended August 2023, but now I don't have option to fix unless I pay a large amount.

Samsung really needs to address this issue. I am seeing it everywhere, but the stories are the same.

Thankfully, my phone works normally, but what's the point of having a flip phone if you can't flip it?

0 Likes
Artindoril
Navigator
Options
Not just the flip impacted unfortunately, it's the fold as well.

From what I've read, it's the brushes and glue on the hinge wearing/breaking and damaging the device from the inside out. It's disgusting how silent Samsung have been on the issue so far
Members_6yK6mLM
First Poster
Options

I purchased my Flip4 in November 22 and having just returned it to Samsung due to it having a blank screen when flipped they now want £30 b4 looking at it. They inform me its a chargeable repair as out of warranty/damaged. The back case is cracked but never any issue at the time I dropped it.

I have since heard that the black screen is a known fault with this phone. Not happy as always used Samsung phones and tablets and never had any issues !

0 Likes
Artindoril
Navigator
Options
To be fair to Samsung if you've dropped it, then they're within their rights to make it a chargeable issue.

Probably best to go down the insurance route, it's going to be a pretty expensive fix
0 Likes