Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung fold 4 repair advice

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
chrisreefs
First Poster
Options
My 15 months old fold 4 screen protector delamination, went to my local Samsung shop which carried out a replacement repair, 1 day later the phone will not open fully / flat, as if the SP is to tight across the fold, when lade flat one side of the phone is raised 25mm off the surface I am concerned if Samsung take this off again that it will damage the screen, as they apparently use a special machine to apply it, any advice please 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
OmegaMutant
Pioneer
Options
I'd call Samsung tech support and book a repair under warranty.

If the phone is damaged by the engineer whilst carrying out repairs then I would assume Samsung would rectify these. But it's best to discuss directly with Samsung.
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Contact Samsung sooner rather than later, explain the situation to them and that after the SP replacement that it no longer lays flat and you believe it was damaged whilst with the engineer. I suspect if it was already unable to lay flat prior to going to Samsung then they wouldn't have been able to have the SP replaced.
chrisreefs
First Poster
Options
Hi yes it opened fully before, both sides flat, it happened when they replaced the SP, just not sure if it will ruin the phone if they try to take it off again
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@chrisreefs I'd recommend the advice given to contact Samsung again as they do guarantee their work. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes