Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung fold 4 black screen

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Members_rRZOitw
First Poster
Options

Hi all, my fold 4  is 9 months old, and come today to the issue, when I'm trying to unfold the phone the screen goes black but do respond to touch, after few attempts folding and unfolding the screen come up, but if I will lock the phone with the button and unlock then it stays black but unlocked as you can hear the sound, after few attempts folding and unfolding it works.. I have seen similar posts, does this an update issue? Or I need to get in touch with my insurance etc..thanks in advance any tip/advice help

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Before approaching insurance, support. Try a couple of troubleshooting methods first

Try wiping the cache partition

Plug into a working PC or laptop

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

Try the device in safe mode.
Long press on the power button until the power off icon appears. Long press on power icon until safe mode icon appears. Tap the safe mode icon. Your device will boot up in safe mode, where you can test to see if your issue is still evident.
0 Likes
Members_rRZOitw
First Poster
Options

Just done that, same issue..

0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Nuclear option - full factory reset. Ensure you back up. Failing that consider reaching out to insurance
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It needs looking at, had the same on my ZFold3 and ZFold4.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Members_rRZOitw
First Poster
Options

I do not think this will work..I think its just something with the middle bit..just will call my insurance and will get new phone..thanks for advice

0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
No wasn't really expecting it to tbh. Good luck with the insurance
0 Likes
Members_rRZOitw
First Poster
Options

Yeah, I was very happy with the phone till this..never dropped it or anything like that, just took it out if the pocket and its stopped working properly 

0 Likes
mnc-mnc
Student
Options

I have fold-4 purchased in Nov-2022, barely after 15 months phone inside screen is dark. I have been told out of warranty, my $1500 is out in the drain. Was there any recall ? anyone tried to hire attorny and sue this shady company? thank you