Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish disrespectful staff

(Topic created on: 31-05-2023 03:23 PM)
squeeky_bedsprings
Journeyman
Options
Took phone for repair, was told I've deliberately damaged my phone by stzbbing the screen, and the crack down middle of screen is because I dropped it.
What a load of rubbish, my phone has NEVER been dropped, AND I HAVE NEVER EVER TOUCHED SCREEN WITH ANYTHING EXCEPT MY FINGER. Then told me they can fix it for £479. Left the store fuming and then threatened with police because I tried to argue with them. I suppose it's easy for them to pass blame as police will protect them. My home is full of samsung of which I am now embarrassed to own. Tried to email customer service but they don't reply.
Very poor customer care. Great products when working but rubbish when it comes to fixing 
6 REPLIES 6
A-FAST-ASSISTsimple
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah most phone company's are extremely strict on phone damages, cause people mostly purposely damage their phones.

One thing you could try is warranty repair or if your with a service that do repair or replace then that's my only recommendations.

Hope this helps you.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@squeeky_bedsprings  The thing is that if deemed to be accidental damage this would not be covered under warranty but only Samsung Care Plus or another type of insurance.  Even if not the result of the actions staff claimed could still be the case.

However regardless seems the customer  service was not really  satisfactory and unless causing a major disturbance the threat of the police would not be proportionate.

Whilst no guarantee of success you could raise the issue via chat/video options https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/contact3/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

MrMeana
Student
Options
Hi, I'm going through a similar situation with EE, same phone 6 months old and under warranty.
Can't say too much at the moment as it's an on going issue, however, suffice it to say that a store "Manager" told me that I would have to deal with Samsung myself and that EE do not get involved with, in warranty, manufacturing issues even though there own promotional materials state otherwise...?¿!
Luckily I know my consumer rights and the blatantly lying "Manager", will hopefully get a severe lesson in customer care/services by the time I've finished.
It's shockingly bad CS but it seems to be the same everywhere, is it a 'computer says NO' generation or am I just getting old...?¿
0 Likes
squeeky_bedsprings
Journeyman
Options
I've gone to 02 who have agreed to access the phone their end so taking it in tomorrow will keep u updated
0 Likes
Zero-gashi
Student
Options
Keep us updated!
0 Likes
squeeky_bedsprings
Journeyman
Options
Sorted send me a new phone after stating I've read the credit consumer act. Now its a question do I seek compo for the stress anxiety it's caused, not to mention being removed from store by police. They now admit fault by replacing the phone e
0 Likes