Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 6.0 Beta - my findings

(Topic created on: 10-10-2023 09:14 PM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I have now been on this Android 14, One UI 6.0 beta for 5 days  and I find it to be the most complete beta that I have ever tested. I have come across no major issues and the two 3rd party apps of mine that did not behave correctly were down to the app developers not having updated them for Android 14. 

The lack of feedback and error reports on the Beta section of the Samsung Members app, (now just called Members), for beta would seem to bear this out.

One of the reasons I believe that the Fold5 beta is so complete is that the earlier 5 or 6  S23 betas have already done the heavy lifting prior to the Fold5 beta release.

I have seen stable roll-outs on firmware much less rounded and stable than this in the past. It would not surprise me if there was only one other or perhaps none, before a stable release is announced.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
One of the things that doesn't work on my phone is Expert RAW.
Have sent a report and hopefully a fix comes out soon.
But even on my S23 Ultra, the Beta software this time around has been very good
Not many bugs for me
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Glenntech 

What is the issue you are having with Expert Raw Glenntech?

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I tap on it, and it says to update it
Tap on update, and it goes to the Galaxy Store. But just shows open. Tap on open and says update available again
So cannot get the app to work
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Glenntech 

How strange!

After installing the beta firmware, Expert Raw was missing. So I just installed the latest version from the Samsung Store, 3.0.00.8. No problems with it. 

Maybe a cache and data wipe before uninstalling your current Expert Raw. Reboot and a fresh download and install from the Samsung Store. 

0 Likes