Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound via Bluetooth when phone is open

(Topic created on: 05-02-2024 08:15 AM)
Blobbymatt
Apprentice
Options
I have an issue at the moment with my fold 3 where Bluetooth sound works when the phone is closed but drops out when the phone is open. The phone maintains the connection and music, videos and phone calls remain active but the microphone and sound stop working via Bluetooth. This happens on both my Bluetooth headset and in my car. Anyone have any idea?
6 REPLIES 6
Per76
Apprentice
Options

Same here! since recently, Januari update?

Problem is specific to sound via BT, any BT device, when unfolding/opening to the main screen.

When playing audio via device speaker, sound is OK. All phone hardware is in mint condition otherwise.

This is annoying as I listen to 95% of my audio via BT and in the car when mounted unfolded.

Video sometimes keeps on playing, but mostly starts to go 'frame-by-frame' or intermittently. This is how I first noticed, video playback stopped unexpectedly (when unfolding).

I cannot believe it is a hardware problem, as the problem is persistent. 

Happens in all audio playing apps (e.g. browsers, youtube, spotify, etc)

Hopefully this gets into the developement process to get this solved.

(other thread: After update to One UI 6.0 Bluetooth audio and sound not working - Samsung Community)

Blobbymatt
Apprentice
Options
Glad it's not just me. Ye I got an update Jan 1st and it's happened since then.
0 Likes
John190
Apprentice
Options

Me three - after the UI update last week - Bluetooth functionality variable across different devices and applications in my case.

0 Likes
John190
Apprentice
Options

I made some changes to the "Developer options" - "Bluetooth AVCP version" to an older 1.3 version (mainly out of desperation) - this should have not made any difference - but after a few reboots - the bluetooth  connectivity seems to be better in terms of not cutting out when you open and close the screens (so car sound fine 🙂 ) (although I still can use my bluetooth headset when making phone calls when the screen is open 😞 ).  The down side is now I realise my WiFi is not longer working today ?!? (still annoying but I have music in the car again) ... will press some more random buttons to see if I can make it randomly work again.  

0 Likes
Marius9806
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue with my Fold 4. Recently I took it to the warranty, they did something but not mentioned exactly what they did, the BT worked fine for like a week and now I have the same issues. When I'm in the car or using Bluetooth headset people can't hear me during a phone call. This problem becomes so annoying. Big disappointment from Samsung as I really embraced the idea of Fold phones. Now I'm really considering going back to traditional phones.
0 Likes
John190
Apprentice
Options

Update - not surprisingly pressing more random buttons did not help so I

1. Bit the bullet and backup the Fold-3 in anticipation that the Samsung techs would do a factory reset.

2. Took the phone into Samsung – they did a quick check to re-confirm the problem, I signed a form and I waved the phone goodbye.

3. After three (3) days Samsung messaged me back saying the Samsung technician’s assessment indicated it would a free-of-charger repair that would take 2-3 days and confirmed did I want to proceed.

4. Obviously I said yes – I had been using my spare S10 which was fine but missing the fold and the custom multi-app screen configurations (and everything look small compared to the Fold).

5. Three (3) days later I get another message saying the phone was ready to be picked up from the store.

6. I picked up the phone and noticed it look like a new phone hinge had been put on as the tiny scratch I had on my old phone hinge was no longer there.

7. I went to restore the phone but everything was still on the phone.  It is running One UI V6.0 with the February 2024 security patch.

8. I have been putting the phone through its paces over the weekend and everything is working again.

9. In summary phone pretty happy the phone is back to it nominal operating capability at no monetary cost and took only a little over a week and I did not have to reload the phone apps.

10. Probably going to upgrade to the Z-fold 6 when it comes out and use the Fold-3 as a backup.
0 Likes