Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No security updates for flip 5

(Topic created on: 17-01-2024 06:26 PM)
Tony Di
First Poster
Options

In Canada all the Z flip 5's are stuck on November security updates. Its January 17 today, and my Phone is already getting attacked and im being the victim of cyber attacks and cyber bullying. There are apparently ovet 80 high level security issues and all around the world the flip 5 has gotten a December security update as well as Januarys. This is not a carrier problem and my phone is unlocked and purchased online directly from samsung Canada. Every single carrier is on the November updates for the flip and fold 5 in Canada (its January 17th). Samsungs online chat/support treated me like garbage and gave me no answers. They also told me to keep checking as they were trying to push me updates over the air as I was talking with them. How does that work? All of Canada needs the security updates for the flip and fold 5 there are thousands of unsecured vulnerable devices. Why was I special? Why try and push it out to me and no one else? Am I the only person to complain? Was told I would get 4-5 years security updates. That was a lie and therefore falsely advertised and that is illegal where im from. 4 months after you release a phone you stop updates to the security?! No more. I want a refund on the sole reason I was played by a company who does not value the customer only money and is willing to lie about there products just to sell them. Be more cautious when throwing your hard earned money at these large tech companies. They think they own us after we buy a device and we're constantly at their mercy. If you continue to roll with the punches live with it and keep buying the products that are designed to make money off your back, the consumer, they win and we will always lose.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you talking about software update or Google play software update.
If it's the Google one, that is the latest version.
January version is only just out for software developers with Pixel phones
0 Likes
Tony Di
First Poster
Options

Globally, the z flip 5 is on security update for January. Not operating system update, security updates. You know the ones that are supposed to be every month when you have a new device? Its out all around the world just not Canada. Canada is stuck on November security patch and its mid January. The phone isn't even 6 months old either.

0 Likes
Tony Di
First Poster
Options

Ill clarify

0 Likes
Tony Di
First Poster
Options

Security updates. Please know what im compilaing about. All around the world galaxy z flip 5's are on security updates for January. In Canada, all carriers are stuck on November, why?

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Tony Di 

Whilst it is true that the Canadian regional variants, F731W, are still on the November 2023 update so is the regional variant for Samsung's own country, South Korea, F731N. The China devices, F7310, were only updated today. Part of the problem with Canada's tardy updates may lie with the number of CSC, carrier branded, codes that it has with no less than 16 different firmwares for a population of around 34 million. Compare this with say, India, that gets prompt updates usually and has a population of 1.45 billion but only 1 CSC code. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ah you are talking about the software updates with the Security patch.
Have you tried connecting to a computer and using Smartswitch to look for the update.
I know some regions get updates later than others. Not sure why it should take so long to some.
Maybe to do with region specific software and features
0 Likes