Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Lloyds banking app deregisters z fold 4 immediately upon exiting

(Topic created on: 23-02-2023 12:13 AM)
MRashid
Pioneer
Options
I dont know if it is the bank's policy or android 13 update or a bug in the recent app update rolled out on 7th December by the company's developers but it is extremely inconvenient for me not being able to use the app as this app is my main point of managing all of my money and I cant do it from a flagship and world's most expensive device, the Z fold 4 as my one and only phone right now. The app worked perfectly during the first couple of months after I purchased the device. Didn't know that it will stop working someday on this particular device. The app is still working perfectly on my wife's Galaxy Note 20 ultra. After going through the reviews on Google PlayStore it is now clear that it is infact the device that either got blacklisted by the bank or messed up with a bug in its very recent december security update. 
31 REPLIES 31
Microft
Explorer
Options
I do agree that the issues lies with the Halixax/Lloyd's apps or thier own security policy/compatability. But my last Samsung had Android 13 and there was no issues at all. So I don't know. My old phone was de-registered manually by myself. But my new phone just keeps getting de-registered. I'm going to submit a support request to the Halifax devs to see if they know or can fix the issue. If I hear of anything back from them, I'll post it here. But I hope if they can fix it, they fix it soon for us all.
0 Likes
MRashid
Pioneer
Options
That would be great if they fix it soon. I can't imagine my life without keeping track of my money. I finally had to move all my money to my NatWest bank which doesn't cause any issue. I have almost all the UK bank accounts except Metro bank. No other banking apps are showing any signs of problems of this kind. I noticed in PlayStore that Lloyds and Halifax banking apps get update very very rarely but the frequency of their updates are much higher in Apple's AppStore. It is unlikely to get a fix soon from them as they seem to prioritize devices that are used by the greater majority. S23 and fold 4 users are rare and they are more likely ignore these devices during their testing. Ive had long and painful discussions with Lloyds bank team and almost all of their CS and IT department for help every time waiting for them to pick up call and passing security. In the last phone call they suggested me to change my phone by downgrading to and older phone as they said it is expensive for them to test the app in the newer and "odd" devices like folding phones. I then had to move all my money to my NatWest bank which is my main day to day bank account now. Even this was blocked by their broken automated security system that suspected me, the bank owner a fraud even suspending my banking details. I finally had to go to the branch to unblock the account and recover my money. They need to make sure that their level of security does not become a severe inconvenience and disruption.
0 Likes
AshUnearthed
First Poster
Options

It's an absolute nightmare. I have just moved from an iPhone to an S23 Ultra and the app works for all of an hour then logs me out. I have deleted the app and re-downloaded and now I cant even get tot he point where I can attempt to log in. 

0 Likes
Microft
Explorer
Options
The latest February security patch, which is available now, fixed the issue. At least for me. I hope it fixes it for you guys too. It was an issue with the January patch (even for non Samsung phones) but has now been resolved.
0 Likes
MRashid
Pioneer
Options
Thats great! Ive seen IceUniverse mentioning the update on twitter which is only available for S23 Ultra right now. Hopefully it will also be rolled out for the z fold 4 devices soon.
0 Likes
Solution
Microft
Explorer
Options
Hopefully it will drop for you any day now. I read that they are releasing it to most newer devices over the next couple of days. My issue was with the S23 Ultra, but the Halifax, Lloyd's and BOS apps seem to all be working again with the February Security Patch. Hope it drops for you soon man, I got it just after midnight on Wednesday. And my banking app has been stable and logged me in every time (and I opened it and logged in loads,) just keep spamming that update button, and, my fingers are crossed for you my friend.
0 Likes
MRashid
Pioneer
Options
Finally fixed by kind consideration of Samsung and Lloyds Banking Group! Hopefully will not get broken again in future security updates.
0 Likes
Microft
Explorer
Options
I'm glad it's fixed for you now. Mine has been stable since the latest security patch. And I agree, let's hope that future patches don't break things again.
0 Likes
Microft
Explorer
Options
Unfortunately, the March Security update breaks the app again. I'm getting so tired of this now.
0 Likes
Microft
Explorer
Options
I doubt this will do any good. I sent the same to Halifax.

https://twitter.com/michaelmknight/status/1633794991981043715?t=96Y_knF_1dlZv8mglrihcQ&s=19
0 Likes