Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Lloyds banking app deregisters z fold 4 immediately upon exiting

(Topic created on: 16-02-2023 12:08 PM)
MRashid
Explorer
Options
I dont know if it is the bank's policy or android 13 update or a bug in the recent app update rolled out on 7th December by the company's developers but it is extremely inconvenient for me not being able to use the app as this app is my main point of managing all of my money and I cant do it from a flagship and world's most expensive device, the Z fold 4 as my one and only phone right now. The app worked perfectly during the first couple of months after I purchased the device. Didn't know that it will stop working someday on this particular device. The app is still working perfectly on my wife's Galaxy Note 20 ultra. After going through the reviews on Google PlayStore it is now clear that it is infact the device that either got blacklisted by the bank or messed up with a bug in its very recent december security update. 
31 REPLIES 31
JayStevenson
First Poster
Options
Same for me, issues began on 7th December - the moment I close the app I then need to re register again using a OTP. I'm using s22 ultra, software up to date with android 13. Have noticed though that my halifax banking app appears to do the same, though I've not checked this as much as its not my main bank so not fully sure of the behaviours of this, it seems similar to lloyds though. Very annoying and hope they fix soon.
0 Likes
Yunms
First Poster
Options
I am currently having issues Lloyd's, MBNA, Halifax which I've been told is all from under one umbrella.
I called Halifax and they told me that samsung lack yhe security on tha app which is why it's auto de-registering. I had them de- register but it meant I had to set up a brand new username and I use the same username for everything. It's ridiculous since ice had the fold 4 since beginning of November
0 Likes
MRashid
Explorer
Options
I have completed switching to NatWest. After the issue appeared with these banking apps samsung released two security patches for the fold 4. Still the same issue. All my other banking apps are working fine except Lloyds (not sure about Halifax as dont have an account). It must be some issue with the apps and their corresponding banks. Their IT team is probably getting long Holiday season which might be the reason why its still not getting fixed yet.
0 Likes
Rico_786
Student
Options
Anyone had any luck with this app issue?
0 Likes
Members_gkCTNo1
Student
Options

With the flip 4 January update, I can confirm the app is now working. Updated mine this morning and been working all day since, I'm on Vodafone. 

0 Likes
CovLinuxGuy
First Poster
Options

Nope, still having issues with it on the three.co.uk variant, no luck here. Seems to be the app version 104.03. wish Lloyds would just roll back the app till it's bloody fixed. Tried installing on the 19th of January and still borked. It's not Samsung's fault, it's Lloyds banks, it's their useless app not playing properly with new official android updates, not just Samsung phones affected, seems some Sony and some OnePlus devices too.

0 Likes
MRashid
Explorer
Options
Even Google pixel 7 series...... I just ordered it a week ago. Having similar issues except it shows a message about payment rater than security. Doesn't remember the device registration.
0 Likes
lembi
First Poster
Options
Every fold 4 update seems to do this. Just installed the update shown and my Lloyds app has deregistered me again.Screenshot_20230214_120436_Software update_1000014402_1676376356.jpg
0 Likes
Microft
Explorer
Options

I'm jumping in on this from another thread. I have a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. I used Smart Swich (which I should never have used) to copy everything from my old Samsung to the S23. The Halifax Banking app states the same as everyone on here.

It was fine for a day or so, then all of a sudden, I get the message:

9300103: Sorry, we've de-registered your device for security reasons. You won't be able to use the app but you can continue to use our website.

There's a reason we use the app and not the website, but I called the bank and they say the problem is the phone as it's not sending information to the bank that makes the app work, so once you register the app, it will work for 1 or 2 times, then will be de-registered.

I use AdGuard, and this never caused an issue with my older Samsung Galaxy (I had no issues at all) and the only other thing I can think of is that it could have been Device Care as this scans only when charging or when the screen is off. With Adguard and Device Protection disabled, I rebooted my phone, removed the banking app and reinstalled and re-registered it. But again, after 20-30 mins, the banking app was de-registered again. The only other issue I can think of is that when I used Smart Switch, something from my old phone, like a security certificate or some other setting/remnent was also transferred and is confusing my phone or the app.

I also entered Android Recovery and wiped the cache and fixed apps, but it didn't fix the problem and the only option remaining is to do a factory reset.

I just thought I would post here to show that it's not just the Z Fold, but other Samsung phones too.

0 Likes
MRashid
Explorer
Options
It started with Android 13. According to my guess it has something to do with the updated security policy of Android 13 itself eg. use of lockscreen credentials by third party apps like biometric sign in. I have an One plus and Google pixel 7 pro running on Android 13 that are having same issue with the app. It will only fix when the Halifax and Lloyds internel banking team make the app compatible with all types of devices running on Android 13 by extensive testing on the newer devices.
0 Likes