Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JANUARY update Fold5

(Topic created on: 09-01-2024 11:02 AM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Samsung has started to roll out their latest update for the Fold5 international devices, F946B. bringing with it the January Security patch.

Build number = F946BXXS1BWL7

Build date = 27 December 2023

Android Security patch = 01 January 2024

Download size = 389.98MB 

Camera version = 14.0.00.46

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

BWL7 UPDATE 1 Screenshot_20240109_105945_Software update.jpgBWL7 UPDATE 2 Screenshot_20240109_110537_Settings.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Seems like there's no fix for the Google Play Software. Still on August and that's the latest version currently.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @Glenntech !

Do you mean your Google Play system update is on August 2023?

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah
Mine is still on August
My friend's Z Fold 5 and Z Flip 5 are the same
Was hoping this update would make the play system update more current
But seems like the rumours were wrong
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Glenntech 

Know what you mean. Mine has been stuck on September 2023 update, (see screenshot in post #1), since October last year. ☹️

0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
I'm still not sure if a fix is coming or not. Samsung hasn't officially confirmed it nor has Google
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The January update is rolling out worldwide, As far as Europe is concerned, only the stock Samsung CSC codes EUX for the U.K. and EU and EUY for the non EU European countries has been released. No news on the U.K. carrier branded update for EE/BT on CSC code EVR. Shouldn't be too long.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The U.K. carrier branded Fold5's for EE/BT on CSC code EVR are now receiving the January update. This completes the roll-out for the U.K.

0 Likes