Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Z fold 5 one ui 6 android 14 update battery drain issue

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Asad Ahmed
First Poster
Options

Its been few days since I've updated my z fold 5 with the new one UI 6.

There has been a significant battery drain and it's really frustrating. 

I've tried the reset and wiping the cache partition from the recovery boot menu, doesn't make a difference.

Optimised apps, done all and whatever needs to be done to lengthen battery life ( lower brightness,  60 display refresh , sleep apps etc etc

But still,

I'm loosing 1 percent every 2 to 3 mins with no apps open???

The z fold 5 is a new device and has had a great battery life. I don't understand what this update has done. 

I googled searched and it seems many are also having this problem. 

What have you done samsung, there appears to be some software bug with the update which severely drains the battery life. 

Reverse this now....

7 REPLIES 7
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I think sometimes the updates are not fully compatible with the phones they are given to, I've noticed this through the years on my phones, sometimes after another update I noticed the fast draining was slowing down a bit.

To help your battery life use the Optimise button on your Device Care app and use the Memory clear optiontoo. I noticed it makes a difference on my phone after it's being used a few times, even if i think the phone doesn't need it. Also, download Good Guardians app and use Optimise Apps and clear memory from there too, Good Guardians gives you more options to help your battery life.
0 Likes
Renaldo Epps
Student
Options

I thought the battery drain was just me. I hope Samsung fixes the issue. 

MrGM
Apprentice
Options

Same on my S23+ since the new 6.1 update.... 

Smurfd258
First Poster
Options

Same issue with massive reduction in battery life! Previously 2 days normal usage and I might be below 10%. Now I am 10% after 6 hours! I reckon it is about 25% as effective against pre update!

Samsung please sort ASAP!

MingSi
Apprentice
Options

It might be the AI adaptive battery protection? My battery life used to be 18hours and it's barely 13hrs xxMin at full charge now.

0 Likes
VishnuLohith
First Poster
Options

Same here on my S23 after OneUI 6 Update. Battery Drain was increased further with 6.1 update. Battery life was way better with oneui 5.1. Not sure if samsung doing this wantedly. This is not a brand new company to have bugs in their software and battery drain issue. with all their experience this should not be the case

0 Likes
Raymond Ganteng
First Poster
Options

Same here from Indonesia,

My Fold5 1TB use to last the whole day with very heavy usage, at night before sleep ussualy it still got 30%

now 12 o'clock noon and the battery is 30% left.

What i notice is the phone after the 6.1 update gets really hot. Even when no ussage, in my pocket. 

But wierdly sometimes it cools down by it self, i dont know if its random or not.

Been a samsung user for 10 years straight, Samsung you need to fix this problem.

0 Likes