Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Z Flip 4 won't recognize when it's closed and cover screen unresponsive to touch

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
an637
Student
Options

Hi! I've been struggling with this problem ever since getting my phone repaired at a Samsung Center because my main screen had damages from being dropped. Since getting it back, my cover screen turns on and displays things but is totally unresponsive to touch (I ran the diagnostic test on it). My phone also doesn't recognize when it's partially or fully folded and remains on when closed. However when checking the sensors they all seem to be working. Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong? I've done resets too but want to avoid a factory reset unless it's definitely a software issue. I've had this phone for a bit over a year now and the repair was done half a year ago.

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Okay, so you know you can factory reset if needed. That's good.

If you've had this problem for 6 months, did you ever go back to the repairer and ask them to take a look? Presumably, any guarantee has now expired?

First, try wiping cache partition

You will need to plug into a working device or pc/laptop.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

If this fails to fix, then consider that factory reset. If that fails and you really need to keep the phone, then consider authorised Samsung repair.
0 Likes
an637
Student
Options

Hi! Thank you so much for your reply, wiping the cache partition fixed the problem with the phone recognizing if it's folded! I still have the problem that it won't respond to touch, though, and I wasn't able to ask after the repair anymore because I did it while on vacation in another country 😞 Now I'm wondering if it would be better to try to factory reset or just go straight to a Samsung center?

Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
I'm glad one problem is sorted. Well, you've got nothing to lose, so go ahead with the reset. Remember to back up first. If it doesn't fix it, then consider getting it checked at an authorised Samsung centre.
0 Likes